Votes: 0 0.0%
  • But of a mixture

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sunscreemer

Back with the 4 rings
Reaction score
Yes, I know this debate has happened before but I'd like a quick hands up on what fuel you use in your S3.

Tesco Momentum 99

Reactions: RedTurtle and David83S3
Tesco Momentum 99

Not looked at a Super prices for some time & had expected to be around diesel price but my local Shell has diesel 6p more than petrol & V-Power another 6p on top of that. Is this just V-power or the typical price difference now?

I just pull into the first petrol station I come across when I need fuel. I always fill up the super unleaded they have. Occasionally I chuck regular unleaded in it if there's no super available and it doesn't seem to do any harm or make my car any slower or less fuel efficient. TBH, I never even bother to look at the price as my company pays the fuel bills... lol

Reactions: David83S3
I swear iPhone predictive text is worse on the 6 than the 5. So apologies for spelling mistake in the vote - and probably most of my posts! ;-)

Reactions: Jassyo06
V-power nitro. 1.19p a litre in Leeds! Bargain. Did my first full tank after the rubbish the dealer put in and it's more responsive in the mid range.

V-power nitro. 1.19p a litre in Leeds! Bargain. Did my first full tank after the rubbish the dealer put in and it's more responsive in the mid range.

Any noticeable improvement in economy or just performance?

Cat ****

Reactions: DommyR, Martinbanshee, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I try to use exclusively Shell V-Power Nitro in my 1.8 A3 (I know this is an S3 thread, but bear with me). On the occasions that I've had to use normal unleaded I've noticed that the car idles much less smoothly than with Nitro.

I have tried veeeight's suggestion of cat ****, but I only have two cats and there's only so much you can squeeze out of them.

Reactions: Cymru09
Shell V-power nitro+, (correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's rated at 99 RON, Sainsburys is 4p cheaper but only 97 RON!?!?!) 1.19p in the Chester area and treble points at the moment to collect :)

I see it as you've paid for a top end A3 so fill it with top end fuel! However!!! I've looked around the Oban area and there aren't many stations at sell the performance stuff, so I'll have to put some normal in when up that way in June! :(

Reactions: Jassyo06
Tesco Momentum 99 gets my vote.
I started off putting in Shell V power but it is soooo expensive and I'm sure the Tesco stuff is just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper.
As my daily driver,my S3 covers about 275 miles per week, most of which is the commute to and from work.
Wait til the warning light comes on then fill it up, about 49ltr and get about 360-370 miles, so about 34mog average.
Happy enough with that.
Don't know why anyone would want to pay upto 10p a litre more for Vpower..?

I use soooper dooper magic 97+ RON in all my cars and bikes...

regardless of any economy/power gains, which TBH is always going to be hit or miss, and pretty pointless when you get to the stage 2 remap stages... I feel the increased cleaning additives in the fuel keeps all the lines etc in a better condition and everything running better.

Tesco Momentum 99 gets my vote.
Don't know why anyone would want to pay upto 10p a litre more for Vpower..?

Local'ish to me Tesco is showing 116.9p for their Super Unleaded and Shell who are down the road 119.9p for V-power

When I did a route planner to Tesco (shortest way) it came up at 11.5 mile! So a 23 mile round trip to save 3p per litre for me = fail :D

Always V-Power, I get more mileage on long journey's which pays for the difference in the regular fuel.

Shell Vpower of course, it also works out the same price if not cheaper if you collect coupons from drivers club.

Why spend all that money on a nice car and put cr*p fuel in it :eek:

Shell Vpower of course, it also works out the same price if not cheaper if you collect coupons from drivers club.

Why spend all that money on a nice car and put cr*p fuel in it :eek:

Yeah, i get Shell points converted into Avios. Often have extra points offers if you buy V-Power. Just seems sadly i appear to have an expensive local for V-Power!