Extreme Parking

Before Christmas, I had to park my car in one of those awful places.......yes, a supermarket car park! I always try to avoid, but this was at Sainsbury's in Nantwich. It was pretty busy so I hunted down the best area away from the shop.
23541800404 ca030fdb7c o

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Bristle Hound
Lol...we have an area of the car park at our ASDA Supermarket in Dunfermline, Fife called 'The Showroom'. It's the furthest away from the door and everyone with high end cars park there, but you'll never find one parked next to you....respect!

Reactions: simonali, Rob2k68 and Daveotto
Not a bad effort here, had the entire top floor to myself :-

JTSUKPYM

Reactions: cata_adc, millsy4002, OliS3 and 8 others

JTSUKPYM

Should've parked in the corner ;) someone can park behind you there :O

Reactions: albu and Rob2k68
Stunning photo,stunning car mate.....parked up besides the winter sky

Cheers Jassy - looking at it its one of me better ones. More luck than judgement tho one of those turn round, snap and dash ones so no one sees you taking a pic of your car lol - you know the ones ;o)

Reactions: Bristle Hound

JTSUKPYM
Thats where i would of parked but i always get someone park next to me when i get back, car looks great.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Thats where i would of parked but i always get someone park next to me when i get back, car looks great.

Yeah I know the kind - strange breed that need to have a car there first to use as a guide to park next to lol !

Thanks for the kind comments - doesn't show up the dirt when it's that small ;o)

People just love parking next to our nice cars

Reactions: cata_adc, Devon A3, albu and 2 others
Even Homer's at it .....

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ignition1, PanamaS3, MA3RC and 1 other person
IMG 4446
IMG 4445

Reactions: Broonie22, millsy4002, Ignition1 and 3 others
1af217b030a735204586ca345c4e4dc2.jpg
When space real tight!

Reactions: Ignition1, THQuattro and Rob2k68
lol my thoughts exactly ;) Not sure if I've posted this one before:

Wife wanted me to park right outside the hotel = RISK :)

View attachment 70174

I decided to take the safer option ;)

View attachment 70175

Hi!! I always try to park away from the exits/entrance and crowd areas in order to avoid the nightmare. My wife always got angry 'cause it is not in front and need to walk a bit.

I have a dilemma when going abroad on holiday...

Option 1: take the A3, drive 100 miles to Stansted in luxury, then spend the entire holiday worrying about my car.

Option 2: take the Corsa, drive 100 miles to Stansted with ropey steering, wallowy suspension and a 0-60 time of 3.5 weeks but enjoy the holiday and hope with a bit of luck someone has written off/stolen the Corsa while I've been away.

Option 3: holiday in this county and drive. Then fret about parking it anywhere.

Option 4: just don't go on holiday and have a week at home detailing the car.

Probably I would go for the 4th...

Reactions: AudiNutta
You make an interesting point slayaz, which has potential implications for all of us crazy people who are obsessed by parking spaces. I wonder how many of us actually avoid going places because of potential 'parking panic' syndrome. I can confess that I have actually used Google Street View when I've been heading to uncharted territory to check out the parking opportunities in advance!! Yes, I maybe do need therapy.

+1

Someone posted this on a BMW forum. The dream spot in a condo complex!

attachment.php

Reactions: AudiNutta
I've said it before but I'm gonna have to say it again, you lot are barking.......... lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rob2k68 and voorhees

Sainsburys in Nantwich. Park close to the shop with all of the other cars or walk? Took the sensible option.

Reactions: SJ43, albu and Rob2k68
View attachment 84249
Sainsburys in Nantwich. Park close to the shop with all of the other cars or walk? Took the sensible option.
Like the thinking! bollards to the left, nothing behind, nothing in front = only one side at risk...that's the drivers side, so easy to see/check when returning to the car :)

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Martinbanshee
Still refuse to play this silly game, besides there's an invisible force field round mine which prevents anyone parking nearer than 2 feet else they get engulfed in it's awesomeness!! ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Not sure about extreme parking, more like nervous parking. I was tempted to go over the line and make sure there wasn't room beside

A great thread and I too always try and park the furthest from other cars, however, I do get a bit nervous these days about parking it on it's own say on an empty floor of a multi-storey, I'm paranoid that it then makes the car a "sitting duck" for vandals/theives as it stands out like a sore thumb. At least if you park amongst others, it may "blend in". Do others feel like this?

Reactions: SW14NY'S
A great thread and I too always try and park the furthest from other cars, however, I do get a bit nervous these days about parking it on it's own say on an empty floor of a multi-storey, I'm paranoid that it then makes the car a "sitting duck" for vandals/theives as it stands out like a sore thumb. At least if you park amongst others, it may "blend in". Do others feel like this?
Totally.....stressed about parking it near other cars and stressed about parking in isolation

It never stops lol
46edf0329a2aacdb44dcca8b81a41bea.jpg
lol that's where I would have gone :) tight against the kerb to give them more space for their doors if anyone goes next to you :)

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
lol points for being original:

_158.jpg

Reactions: Satory, Rob2k68, richinsoton and 3 others
lol points for being original:

_158.jpg

He has definitely won this thread! The beemer earlier in thread is safer, but this one wins for originality.