Advice please

James Durham

Reaction score
I bought an Audi A4 s line avant on a 59 plate from a used car dealer (they lease cars out then sell them after the term) seemed a pretty decent company . Anyway within the first couple of days I spoke to them to let them know there was some clutch judder. They told me to take it to an audi independent that they use. They couldn't fault it. Anyway a few days later the emissions light came on. I booked it back in and they have found there is a fault with the dpf pressure sensor and engine requires an update. Also after a test drive with myself have agreed there is some clutch judder. One final issue is the drivers side led drl is a yellow colour compare to the bright white passenger side so they think there is a fault with the headlight.
The garage said they would speak to the place I bought it from. I have just received a call from the garage saying they needed my details so they could ring RAC as it has a 6 months gold warranty with them. I mentioned I thought it would be unlikely that any of it would be covered, they agreed.
My question is should I expect the supplying dealer to resolve these issues as I'v only had the car 2 weeks. (Plus I mentioned the clutch judder within 2 days and 100 miles) I could of bought a cheaper one private but paid a little extra for piece of mind. What are people's thoughts?
Thanks is advance, any advice welcome.

The dealer you bought it from is liable for fixing the faults, same as if you buy a new telly & it goes wrong it's the sellers responsibility to put it right.

I work in used car sales, The RAC warranty supersedes any warranty from the garage so trying them first is the correct way around it, But from personal experience of the RAC warranty people I doubt that they will pay out so the garage will probably end up sorting some of it anyway.