Water Holding

WelshBoa

Reaction score
I keep meaning to post this each morning and then forget....

After rain, not necessarily monsoons when I open my drivers door a body of water seems to splash to the ground from around the lower door frame/cill.

The interior is dry for the moment but I assume a drain plug around the door is blocked somewhere causing water to build up? Or maybe this is just an Audi thing, not had the car all that long.

Keep meaning to take a look when I'm not in office clothing as don't want to get hands stinking, but I also keep forgetting to do that too :)

Any ideas folks?

its something to do with a drain on the doors,quite normal.just make sure its not going over the door seal.check under the doors on the trim see if its wet.

Cheers for response. So it's just a design detail or do I have a drain plug blocked with crud somewhere?

its meant to run out.but get on your knees and look under you will see the holes oval shape.quite big you will see if its blocked,but if its dripping out id say its working fine,but do check its not going over the seal,if it was blocked youd hear sloshing water when driving.

when its rained check your door rubbers where they meet on bottom of door,if seals wet id be checking under the mats and flooring for damp.
as its a real pain when wet,to dry out,and in certain places there are expensive modules if wet cause allsorts of problems,better safe than sorry.

trust me im going through the phase now.