Servicing advice

TomL83

Reaction score
Im after a bit of servicing advice. I bought my 2011 Audi A3 from Worcester Audi August last year. Its a 2 litre tfsi petrol and it had 51,000 miles on the clock when i bought it. I was told the car is on a long life service.

According to the service book it had a interval service inspection done May 2012 on 19,500 miles and then a inspection service done May 2013 on 35,600 miles.

With all this info i was expecting a service to be due soon as the car is now on 55,000 miles and its been 20,000 miles and 2 years since its last service. When I checked the service indicator on the car yesterday it says its due a service in 14,000 miles or 491 days and also due an oil change in 6400 miles or 162 days.

So now I'm thinking has someone reset the service indicator just before I bought the car. Should I go by the indicator and wait 14,000 miles to get it serviced or get it done in May? If I get it done in May, can they reset the service indicator or will I have to wait till it comes up to get it reset. What would you do? Any advice would be appreciated.

I know Audi servicing costs are high but i bought the extended warranty with the car so will need to take it to Audi to keep the warranty validated. Even though I bought the car from Worcester Audi I don't live anywhere near there so can't take my car there. I live in South Wales so will have to take it to the local Sinclair Audi in Bridgend.

I'd take a look here http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/servicing-your-audi.html , here http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/fixed-price-services.html and here http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/audi-service-price-match.html to see Audi's servicing advice, prices and price match. I'd be getting an oil change done immediately and be planning to get the cambelt changed when it hits 60k. Are you sure it needs servicing by Audi for the warranty as general rule now is any VAT reg garage can do the servicing as long as they use genuine Audi parts. Alternative under Audi's 'price match' is to get a written quote from local garage and get Audi to match it.

Iv looked in the service book and I think it needs an oil change, brake fluid change, a major service and my mot is due in may so thinking about getting the whole lot done at the same time which will probably cost over £500.

Cambelt and water pump will have to wait till next year. I only do about 6000-7000 miles a year so this time next year will be on about 62,000.

Can Audi change the car to a fixed service interval? I think that would be better for me due to the small mileage I do.

Iv looked in the service book and I think it needs an oil change, brake fluid change, a major service and my mot is due in may so thinking about getting the whole lot done at the same time which will probably cost over £500.

Cambelt and water pump will have to wait till next year. I only do about 6000-7000 miles a year so this time next year will be on about 62,000.

Can Audi change the car to a fixed service interval? I think that would be better for me due to the small mileage I do.

Yes they can change that, just request it at time of booking.

Think I will get it booked in for a major service, an oil change and brake fluid change. Also get it changed back to a yearly service.

All that should cost around £500.