Leasing - what's the deal?

stewarta13wsb

Reaction score
Website
www.stewarta13wsb.plus.com
Posted this in the 8L forum by mistake (blush) and wondered where all you guys had gone (deeper blush) - I knew the site had been down for a bit but when I didn't recognise any names I thought I'd found another site (especially with the new look!!)

Anyway, this was my question -

After the posts about the DSG Sportback dropping over £700 last month (vs £250 for 3 door ) I wondered about leasing.
I've just had a quick quote on line for an A3 (3 door this time!) with all the 'trimmings' and it comes out at £425 per month - including all maintenance & Road Tax.

But, I know nothing about leasing (and not much more about buying) as I've been a company car man for most of my life.

So, what can you all tell me... cheaper, dearer, better, pitfalls? Any help/info appreciated.

Thanks,

Leasing will always work out more expensive than buying a car on finance, at a decent rate, when you consider the resale value as well.

However, the convenience factor of leasing is the big attraction, especially if you have it on full maintenance.

Speak to Morgan Highfield & Land http://www.prestige-car-leasing.co.uk/car_leasing/audi/ who were insanely cheap when I was pricing it up.