Fingers crossed my dealer will help S3 to RS3 order

Wish

Reaction score
I ordered a new S3 SB 2 weeks tomorrow, for delivery sometime in May.

I'm now thinking of swapping the order for a new RS3. I've emailed the dealer to see if they will transfer the order over.

I wonder if the will assist ? Fingers crossed.

I ordered a new S3 SB 2 weeks tomorrow, for delivery sometime in May.

I'm now thinking of swapping the order for a new RS3. I've emailed the dealer to see if they will transfer the order over.

I wonder if the will assist ? Fingers crossed.

yerrm, they will cancel your order for the S3 and place an order for the RS3 if that's what you want, whats amazing about that?

job of a car salesman isn't it!?!

If it's only been two weeks you can just cancel the S3 order with no problems at all. Not sure whether you'll be able to order an RS3 just yet.

First week of March order books open.

Two dealers I have spoken to have an initial allocation of 3 cars each. Both had a car for launch, one for test drives and one for a customer. The dealer I normally used had already offered their first customer car to an Audi "ambassador" apparently. Someone who buys a sh*t load of RS/S models.

Those cars are expected to land early July I was told and the second allocation which was three cars would land August time. Long wait

Yeah I can imagine they're going to be in fair high demand given the limited numbers/allocation.

Well a quick update.

Email my salesman last night but didn't hear anything today. Maybe it's his weekend off.
Hope to hear Monday. I've got more time on my hands on Monday so will pop in and see him.

They can keep the deposit that I've currently paid for the S3 and transfer it over to the new order. I'm in no hurry my Golf is only 10 months old.

I'm sure they will transfer the deposit over to a new order. But remember they don't have to. They would be quite within their rights to keep the deposit if you cancel an order.

After specking to the dealer today. I've decided to keep my S3 order.

No RS for me ......

I got a good discount on the S3. The RS doesn't get a discount and works out over £10k more.

Just can't justify the difference.

Reactions: Brasso and Blackwhite
as I thought, I would assume 9-10k would be the difference as it does need specced up and discount applied to full price. I had originally thought I should have waited for RS3 but I am sure I made the right choice. S3 is awesome and plenty quick for me and family - I do like a bit of luxury with B&O and mono pur (lol) and lots of other tasty extras.

I got a good discount on the S3. The RS doesn't get a discount and works out over £10k more.

Totally, whilst I am sure the RS3 wil be a good car all of a sudden you move from a very good value S3 to much more serious competition. As much as I like the noise the RS3 makes will I actually go any faster/further/safer than in the S3, if I could then I should be a pro.
Over £40k for a decent spec on what is still a small Audi A3.

Totally, whilst I am sure the RS3 wil be a good car all of a sudden you move from a very good value S3 to much more serious competition. As much as I like the noise the RS3 makes will I actually go any faster/further/safer than in the S3, if I could then I should be a pro.
Over £40k for a decent spec on what is still a small Audi A3.

I think a lot more than £40k for "a decent spec". I thought the basic price was £40k?

I actually went in to Audi to enquire about the RS3 in January and left with an S3 ordered. I looked at the figures against the S3, and too thought the difference was too much for the relatively small performance gains. When I am approaching mid £40k for a car, it's not going to be a hatchback.

That said, immense car and yes I will be jelaous when you fly past me in one haha

Yeah, basic is a little under 40k, by the time you've added options you will most likely be between 45-50k.

I had an interesting chat with an Audi race driver the other day and he was saying he would prefer the RS3 with the 2litre 4 pot engine as its light and can easily give 450bhp. But Audi will go for what people want and they want the 2.5litre engine for the sound.

That sound is immense though.

Wish, I think you've made the right choice. I was close to cancelling my S3 order but have decided to stick with it. I can get an RS3 in a year if it still appeals.

Reactions: Brasso

£10k for essentially just a "better" engine ;)

TX.

I thought about an RS3. But didn't want a Sportback, nor a S-Tronic Box.

Went for a Manual S3 Saloon instead.

Well as I said the S3 is going ahead final spec is

Audi S3 Sportback - 6 speed manual

Extras are:
Metallic Mythos Black
Super Sports Seats
Extended Mono Pur
Audi Sound System
High Beam Assist
Audi Parking System Front And Rear
Alloy Roof Rails
Red Brake Callipers
Comfort Pack
Cruise Control
Heated Folding Door Mirrors
Hold Assist
Inlays 3D Design Black
Interior Light Pack
Privacy Glass
Satalite Navigation
Through-load Facility

Just waiting for a build week now. I've been told the first week in May.

Surely this was always going to be the case. I looked at an M4 when they came out as I get a very good fleet discount with BMW through work and there was nothing on a brand new model. P.s your spec is great! :)