Audi MMI and Memory cards

Brucey

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just made the switch from and audi S3 to a A5 3l tdi, loved the S3 and the RNS-e for the Memory card slots but the A5 i have bought doesnt seem to have them :(

It has a 6 cd changer in the front and a Nav disc in the boot but no memory card slots.

does anyone know of an after market piece of kit that attached to the head unit to allow memory cards to be read?

Many thanks

James

You don't tell us, but I'm guessing you have a 2008/2009 car with MMI 2G SatNav. This uses a fibre-optic link to support the high-speeds required to transfer data from the rear of the car to the front.

The only thing I am aware of is the Audi Music Interface (AMI). If fitted to your car, there should be an outlet in the glovebox. You can connect iPods, iPhones and USB sticks, 3.5mm stereo outputs & bluetooth streaming dongles to the AMI via a variety of cables. Some of these devices can be scanned using the controls on the steering wheel.

Hi,

Sorry yeah the car i bought is a 57 plate, its not an S-line but has most of the S-line features. The sat nav disc drive is in the boot but the glove box doesnt have anything in it although there is like a small square slot cut out inside it at the top.

Is there a way of hooking up the AMI to my car to make playing music from a memory card or USB stick possible? i guess it would just display on my head unit as a CD in the disc changer or something along those lines?

Cheers
James

AMI can be retrofitted - Audi dealers are naturally the most expensive.

Just Google "Audi retrofit" and choose someone reasonably local.