4x4 pickup ownership experience

mdm83

Reaction score
My brother has a 2006 ford ranger thunder 2.5tdi which he has had for years- 5 I think. Anyway he swears by it and I have to agree with him that it has been 100% reliable.
I have had a look at the wildtrak version and it is tempting!
We have a german shepherd and plan on another puppy later this year and the idea of putting the dogs in the back cab and going up a hill/woods is appealing.
Currently my dog is not allowed anywhere near my audi as it's black and seems to gather dirt/ marks/ scratches at an alarming rate haha
So anyone got experience with a pickup? For me its basically between the ranger wildtrak or a hilux around 2007/09 - hilux are top dog but pricey and actually pretty dull Inside.
I'm not wanting a l200 as they are just rubbish and full of problems which is the same as the navara.
The hilux intimadator looks awsome!

I know a bloke with a ranger and it's now on near 200k and from what I gather never put a foot wrong, the drivers seat has worn through to the frame and pretty sure it's been run nearly dry a couple of times, considering he's good at breaking most things it's not done too bad.