S3 Concert Stereo - about to fail?

col6821

Reaction score
My Concert (single CD) head unit has started making the disk spinning noise when switching on and off, I'm assuming that this means it's on it's way out. So if I want to change to an after market head unit do I need the Autoleads PC9-401 or PC9-404?

I don't have Bose, but understand from other threads that the rear speakers and sub are amplified.

Also which facia adaptor kit do I use as I can only see one for the A3 from 96 - 00 and mines a 2001?

TIA

Col

youll need the pc9-404 adapter for your a3 that will let you keep the amp and rear speaker setup not sure which facia youll need though

Right its really simple to do, Get the auto leads adapter, Fascia plate they just cover to the holes either end.

Works really well IMO the standard sound is pretty good when you get rid of the standard headunit.

Need any more help just ask i fitted all mine myself

Jason

Thanks chaps
I've swapped out to a Pioneer HU now with aftermarket amp powering a cheap sub and the standard rear speakers.
The amp and sub are definately 'budget' items, but even so the sound quality is so much better! Custom fit speakers next....