TT steering rack

Lucas50

Reaction score
Hi I'm Luke I'm new on here and was wondering if anyone could help.

I've got a1.8t a3 8l and I am swapping the steering rack for a tt rack that arrived today but I was wondering, are the tie rods and track rod ends the same on both cars? I need to replace the track rod ends anyway so thought I might as well replace the lot while it's off the car and didn't know wether to buy a3 ones or tt ones? May be a stupid question but thought I'd ask before I bought anything.

Any help would be appreciated cheers

Last edited:
just use standard A3 bits, only really need the TT/S3 tie rods and track ends if doing cast wishbone/TT hub conversion

That's great thanks so the a3 and the tt tie rods are both the same thread size as It already has tie rods on so I could just fit a3 track rod ends?couldn't find much info on the differences searching online

That's great thanks so the a3 and the tt tie rods are both the same thread size as It already has tie rods on so I could just fit a3 track rod ends?couldn't find much info on the differences searching online

Best to check the thickness of the track rods on your new rack against the ones currently on your car, when I did this swap(R32 rack) the track rods on the R32 were slightly thicker than the original ones on my car