URGENT ADVICE NEEDED: Black Edition/S3

lakers1234

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I've got a 12 plate A3 Sportback S line Black Edition in White.

It was hit on the front bumper, and consequently a car from behind went into the back bumper

Now it's a Genuine Black Edition, I'm in 2 minds of Putting S3 Bumpers on it, also the side skirts.

The price for the S3 bumpers is just a bit more than Black Edition / S line ones, with an extra cost of Side skirts too.

My question is, Will it be worth More with this being done to it? And would you guys rather buy a standard black edition or a S3 Styled Black Edition?

I've uploaded 3 pictures of an S3, then 3 pictures of a Black Edition below.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8326.jpg
    IMG_8326.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,076
  • AUDI_S3_2012_61_001.jpg
    AUDI_S3_2012_61_001.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 2,430
  • car_id_39_2.jpg
    car_id_39_2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 407
  • 1602416.jpg
    1602416.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 317
  • 70468134.JPG
    70468134.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 8,543
  • 85993412.jpg
    85993412.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 253
Ive pondered this as well...I have the same car as you.

I personally would do it if this was an insurance situation anyway, I dont personally think it will add value, and it may even detract value come resale time, however it will make you smile more when you look back at it :)

All depends on how you weigh up the possible depreciation over the standard depreciation - also the car with an S3 kit will actualy appeal to some more than the standard s-line, the buyer may take longer, but someone will come along. If you are not due to sell it soon, in a few years when it comes into the more affordable price category, it might actually sell more easily.

I agree with Dubjam, adding the body kit could work both ways with some customers being attracted by it and others being put off by it. I personally don't think it will increase the value of the car by that much, unless you find a buyer who is looking for that particular set up. If you're planning on keeping the car and you think adding the kit would make you enjoy looking at the car more then I'd say go ahead.

Ive pondered this as well...I have the same car as you.

I personally would do it if this was an insurance situation anyway, I dont personally think it will add value, and it may even detract value come resale time, however it will make you smile more when you look back at it :)

All depends on how you weigh up the possible depreciation over the standard depreciation - also the car with an S3 kit will actualy appeal to some more than the standard s-line, the buyer may take longer, but someone will come along. If you are not due to sell it soon, in a few years when it comes into the more affordable price category, it might actually sell more easily.

Great reply mate. I really appreciate that. I've gone and bought the S3 bits off ebay ;) so looks like it's going down that route, but I can always re-sell them if I decide I don't want them. This is just for RE-SELLING purposes. Not to keep. It's costing me around £300 more for the S3 change. I think hopefully it will add at least that much value right?

I agree with Dubjam, adding the body kit could work both ways with some customers being attracted by it and others being put off by it. I personally don't think it will increase the value of the car by that much, unless you find a buyer who is looking for that particular set up. If you're planning on keeping the car and you think adding the kit would make you enjoy looking at the car more then I'd say go ahead.

Cheers dude, great response too. If I had seen these responses before buying them, I may have reconsidered. But I think my mind had already swayed towards the S3 change. I guess now, I am asking for some moral support LOL

If its for reselling immediately reasons, id keep it standard. People paying around £14K for a car dont want it messed about with. What i said was, that if you where keeping it, a few years down the line when the car comes into the £10k money, more buyers and more open to modifications.

I just bought my car, and I would of avoided a S3 body kitted one- dispite wanting to do it to the car myself now!

its costing you £300? where are you getting the skirts that cheap?

I'm not doing the S3 conversion anymore, I ordered the front bumper, paid top money for it, and then it came as if the previous car it was on was driven through a minefield. So I returned all of them. The skirts were costing £150. The s3 bumper was about 100 more than the S line black edition one. And the S3 rear bumper, I already had a rear Valance, so just had to buy the top half.

nothing on an A3 looks better than an S3 kit. The facelift kit is so sexy. It makes me wonder why even make an A3

They were on Ebay.de

Have a look on there, some decent parts at good prices.

I tell a lie, the bumpers came, the skirts were getting ready for postage from Germany. I cancelled the order as soon as I received that crap s3 bumper.

Some things work out cheaper on that Ebay.de, but genuine skirts are hard to find in general. I see all these replica ones, but doubt they would look as good, or fit the same?