Another new S3 Saloon owner

Garreth64

Reaction score
Hi All

I thought I would share my excitement as I have put a deposit down on a lightly used S3 Saloon, which I will hopefully pick up in about a week.

It's my first Audi for a fair while, I had a 2.5TDi Quattro Sport A4 Avant about 10 years ago which I didn't really like to be honest, and since then have owned a 350Z, Z4M Coupe, 123d Coupe and currently a 520D (as I was doing a lot of miles).

I changed jobs last year and am closer to home and doing fewer miles so decided to go back to something petrol and more powerful, I tried the M135i and 330d/335d but ended up ruling them out for various reasons.

The S3 was a bit of a wild card, but I loved it straight away so went for it.

It is Monsoon grey with Lunar Silver interior, Technology pack high, Comfort pack, Park assist plus, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hold assist, plus something called mono pur which seems popular here from reading a few threads :) Also being the Saloon it has the 19's and Magnetic ride which is good for me as I have a bad back so the softer settings help!

I did consider going for a new one, but this ticks pretty much all the options I would have gone for anyway, apart from perhaps folding mirrors, which I can live without, and I got a fairly good deal and decent p/x for my BMW.

Here's a quick phone pic, I have better ones on my camera that I haven't downloaded yet:

IMG 20141229 105635

Reactions: Jassyo06, David83S3, StefRobinson and 8 others
Hello and welcome !! Lovely car looks like Solihull Audi.

Reactions: Garreth64
Hi, welcome back to audi ownership. Hope you enjoy the car and we look forward to seeing you around the forum. Lots of useful info in this section and everyone is friendly. Enjoy. :) x

That's look great, has it done many miles? Well specced too.

Welcome to the Forum.

Hi All

I thought I would share my excitement as I have put a deposit down on a lightly used S3 Saloon, which I will hopefully pick up in about a week.

It's my first Audi for a fair while, I had a 2.5TDi Quattro Sport A4 Avant about 10 years ago which I didn't really like to be honest, and since then have owned a 350Z, Z4M Coupe, 123d Coupe and currently a 520D (as I was doing a lot of miles).

I changed jobs last year and am closer to home and doing fewer miles so decided to go back to something petrol and more powerful, I tried the M135i and 330d/335d but ended up ruling them out for various reasons.

The S3 was a bit of a wild card, but I loved it straight away so went for it.

It is Monsoon grey with Lunar Silver interior, Technology pack high, Comfort pack, Park assist plus, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hold assist, plus something called mono pur which seems popular here from reading a few threads :) Also being the Saloon it has the 19's and Magnetic ride which is good for me as I have a bad back so the softer settings help!

I did consider going for a new one, but this ticks pretty much all the options I would have gone for anyway, apart from perhaps folding mirrors, which I can live without, and I got a fairly good deal and decent p/x for my BMW.

Here's a quick phone pic, I have better ones on my camera that I haven't downloaded yet:

View attachment 47783
Hi & :welcome!: to ASN!

Nice colour & spec on your S3 buddy :cool::cool::cool:

Nice looking car. I think it looks very classy in that combo.

NIce exterior/interior combination. Congrats!

If its Solihull Audi, I had a good look at that S3 Saloon.
...........a very nice Car mate!

Personally, with Monsoon Grey being abit Lighter & having a slight hint of blue in it, its abit nicer than Daytona Grey & looks awesome in the Sunshine!

The Silver Leather makes a great Combo too!

Yep it is Solihull, even though it is called Birmingham Audi :confused:

It is a 64 plate with just over 2k on the clock and was being driven by the General Manager.

I'm really pleased with the colour scheme, it's a bit understated but classy. I've always wanted a light interior but never been brave enough, so here we go. I will try to clean and protect it regularly to preserve it though.

Found lots of threads on here very useful, I've already bought a 64GB SDXC card, and am looking to get a 3 month EE 4G data card to try out the online audit services to see if they are worth it.

I joined here in 2005 when I had my first Audi and obviously didn't post much, as I have now been a member for almost 10 years but I'm still a newbie :)

Here are a few more gratuitous pics from yesterday:

Luna 002
Luna 006
Luna 019
Luna 024
Luna 033
Luna 035
Luna 002

Reactions: Jassyo06, cuke2u, ice_cube99 and 5 others
beautiful looking car in an amazing colour.... however those seats... well if I had them no one would be getting in my car!

Yep it is Solihull, even though it is called Birmingham Audi :confused:

It is a 64 plate with just over 2k on the clock and was being driven by the General Manager.

I'm really pleased with the colour scheme, it's a bit understated but classy. I've always wanted a light interior but never been brave enough, so here we go. I will try to clean and protect it regularly to preserve it though.

Found lots of threads on here very useful, I've already bought a 64GB SDXC card, and am looking to get a 3 month EE 4G data card to try out the online audit services to see if they are worth it.

I joined here in 2005 when I had my first Audi and obviously didn't post much, as I have now been a member for almost 10 years but I'm still a newbie :)

Here are a few more gratuitous pics from yesterday:

View attachment 47821 View attachment 47823 View attachment 47824 View attachment 47825 View attachment 47826 View attachment 47827 View attachment 47821
S3 saloon looking gorgeous buddy :cool::cool::cool:

If I were you I would use something like this on that light coloured interior
Dr. Leather dye block

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/dr-leather-dye-block.html

It may be expensive but it comes highly recommended :thumbs up:

Reactions: Garreth64, Pulp84 and RedTurtle
Love the colour and interior, first time I've seen the S3 saloon with this combo makes it look more expensive car.

I kinda wished I waited a bit longer and got a Saloon :(

More I look at them the more I love them. Lovely car OP :)

Reactions: Garreth64 and Blackwhite
Nice - although I think I still prefer Daytona (just).

Birmingham Audi's my local dealer - live three miles away and work just down the road from them - nice bunch in there :)

Reactions: Garreth64 and tigger8888
Poole Audi have a stunning S3 Saloon in grey in their showroom (about two weeks ago). Anyone know what Audi colour it is? I wanted a saloon, wife persuaded me the SB was more practical. Seeing the this saloon in grey made me really feel I made the wrong choice!

"Practical" is subjective. I've switched from a hatchback to the saloon and personally I find the latter more practical. The hatchbacks have the benefit that you can remove the parcel shelf so you can get higher items in - you wouldn't get a washing machine in the saloon for example - but that aside the saloon's boot is cavernous compared to the hatchback. I was very unimpressed with the boot space in the hatch - it's worse than the previous 8P model.

Woohoo! Pick up time tomorrow morning. No more diseasal! One more sleep :D

Reactions: Rob2k68, David83S3 and Blackwhite
Enjoy :)

I'll wave if I happen to be driving past in the morning (I live three miles down the road)

I thought there was enough on the thread already BH :D

It's dirty now already after driving round some country lanes yesterday, but here are a few more from my phone from pic up yesterday.

Overall, I'm very pleased so far, having had manuals for ever, it will take a little time to get used to the S-Tronic but I'm looking forward to it. Also after having BMW's with idrive for 7 years, it will take a short while to get used to MMI. So far I can see some things that are great, and some things I'm missing but overall it seems fairly intuitive and I like it.

I've got my EE 4G SIM installed, set up Audi Connect, and loving the google maps. Also got a 64GB SDXC card with all my music on. It seems to work fine, although I was having issues with some cover art missing, and compilations don't seem to group together properly so have deleted them. I've been reading some of the other forums threads but haven't found an answer. It's all fine in iTunes.

The Audi Sound System sounds great and as good as I need, the B&O must be something else for over twice the price!

Off for a drive and play now :yahoo:
IMG 20150117 1016132
IMG 20150117 1016432
IMG 20150117 1016522
IMG 20150117 1017382

Reactions: mister.c., cuke2u, Blackwhite and 2 others
Storming looking S3 saloon,i too have gone for Lunar Silver leather aswell,try "Furniture Clinic" leather care products they are in my opinion the best on the market