service kit what do i need ?

ryan mc

Reaction score
Ok guys iv just bought my first s3 the car has been lying off the road for about nine months , so whatever needs done will be done , firstly what service stuff do i need ? oil filters plugs etc ? also should i run an engine flush then drain all the old oil or should i just remove the sump and clean that and the pickup pipe ?
would there be anything else i should be replacing or checking ? cheers for any help

So usually:

Oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter and plugs. Ideal to also do the pickup pipe in the sump like you said. Also check on disks and pads of course and cv boots, top mounts etc.

were would you recomend buying everything will i go straight to audi ?

Personally I get stuff from the dealer at a discounted price. Apart from engine oil I use different oil. (Not long life)

i think thats what il doo always better off with genuine parts i suppose , you said do the pickup should i be replacing this with a new 1 or just cleaning it ?

As above, haldex oil and filter would be a good shout. I get all my stuff from work so use Comma oil (5w 40 to VW spec 502) and then Mann filters but always genuine haldex filter and oil from VW.

If you have a TPS nearby, you can get everything from there at trade price, only thing is sometimes they wont serve you if you are not trade, but always worth a go.

The pick up pipe you may as well replace it for the sake of about £15.

GSF haldex oil and filters are the same as dealer stuff for cheaper...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Lewisj91