Modifying a 200k audi

cpbrad

Reaction score
So i went to get the a4 mapped with revo software but they said no because it was on original clutch and turbo, fair enough, makes sense. They said come back when it has a new turbo and clutch.

I have been doing some research and can get a brand new clutch and turbo fitted and revo software for just under 2k

My car has covered 203k now with fsh and one precious owner who is related to me, it was used to drive all over Europe for his work, it's his own company and bought the car himself so hasn't been abused at all. Looks like it's done no more than 50k, seriously.

Anyway just wondering what people's thoughts were on spending that sort of money on q car with such high mileage.

It's a 2007 a4 2.0 tdi 2wd...

Thoughts..

O and I've just fitted AP coil overs. They are the only mod it's ever had done.

How long you keeping it for?
Is that miles or km?
Dave

Reactions: Matt10160
That's miles mate, and will be keeping it for the foreseeable future

Am getting a clutch. And a mate of mine can get a new turbo for not much more than a recon. The £2k included a service and four wheel alignment as well by the way

How about getting the clutch and trying a different tuner for the map. You could use it till your current turbo expires :p
Dave

How about getting the clutch and trying a different tuner for the map. You could use it till your current turbo expires :p
Dave
Yeah I was thinking that but the guy at VAGtech said that if it goes it could do more damage by throwing oil and **** into the intercooler etc. As its bound to go I thought may as well swap it first, could save much time and hassle of me breaking down somewhere...?

Makes perfect sense to me I've had new clutch & fly wheel done and just about to have new turbo fitted for mine to be remapped. Like you say if things go south with turbo then it'll more than likely cost a whole lot more to get it put right.

By the way, 200k on one turbo & clutch is pretty impressive I reckon...

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
I know, pretty amazing right.. I'd say she deserved them both tbh lol

May be stating the obvious here but been told by many tuners that its good practice to get new fuel & air filter prior to remap.

Like me, if your turbo turns out to be fine you can sell it on for a few hundred squid & happy days a new turbo for next to nothing :)

Very true. As for the filters, yes they will of course be changed :)

make sure you keep us updated on the remap, before after figures. Is yours 140 or 170 by the way?

Mimes the 140. I won't have before figures. Only after when I get around to getting on a rolling road. Don't think the map includes rolling road print out..

I've found hybrid turbos on ebay at good prices. What clutch would I need? They say good for 215+ bhp

Doesn't say mate, i presuming around 330 to 350 ft lbs

Was going to get a LUK kit but could get a sachs kit...?? About 80 quid in it..

I've found hybrid turbos on ebay at good prices. What clutch would I need? They say good for 215+ bhp

Be carefull buying turbos on fleabay, I just gambled on what appears to be the real deal but there's plenty of Chinese crap out there...

Be carefull buying turbos on fleabay, I just gambled on what appears to be the real deal but there's plenty of Chinese **** out there...

Yeah that's true. Although these seem to be from proper recon turbo companies. I'm going to call them tomorrow

Have you fitted the turbo yet? What do you think and who was the seller?

No not yet, got a guy from this forum doing it soon I hope.

What do I think about what? Seller was private seller.

Ah right, I thought you meant you bought it from a company. No worries, well good luck, I hope it's a gooden

All done, new clutch, turbo, turbo oil feed pipe, decat, Four toyo Proxes cf2s, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter and oil...

And just this morning had my remap done by Tom at angel tuning and 4 wheel alignment at my local garage.

Delighted with the outcome, the car feels brand new :) nice steady power build up along the entire Rev range rather than any sudden torque spikes. All ready for the Nurburgring on the 2nd April with the lads.

Did some of my own before and after test results to see the improvement from the map and it has most definitely made a difference. Tom was very polite and professional and clearly knows his stuff. Would definitely recommend angel tuning.

Ended up getting an LUK clutch and a recon turbo from midland turbos incase anyone was deciding whether to get new or recon, if you go with midland turbo they give the same warranty with either... So get a recon, it's cheaper.

Finally the decat, had it fitted to my standard exhaust, it's only 2 inches in diameter, same as the rest of the OEM exhaust and has a very small muffler in it. It has given the car a slight rumble which sounds really good and standing at the rear of the car you can hear the turbo whistle, which is a beautiful noise! Bought it from ebay for 65 quid delivered, bargain. The car revs so much more freely with it, definitely worth while!

Cannot wait to cruise over to Germany in April! Lots of cars and German beer. #nowomen

Last edited:
Good to hear, enjoy your laps and don't get carried away and stuff it in the barriers at the cork screw (or whatever it's called!) turn :p

Ha, nah I won't mate not after the amount of cash I've put into her these past coupLe months

I just wanted to update this thread quickly as my car is now sitting at 226k miles and running like a dream.

The bushes or control arms have gone and have began knocking upon braking, getting sorted next week, as well as new oil for the engine and gearbox.

Anyway.. the car was mapped just over 200k miles and has done 26k miles since with no faults. If anyone is contemplating mapping their high miler.. can't see why not.

Selling my s2k now so am now contemplating going lower on the coils, new rubber, new sachs sport clutch and gt2260vk turbo.

Spoken with darkside developments and they are more than happy to supply and install the turbo and map.. said they have tuned cars with far more miles on than mine.

Hoping for around 240bhp.

If anyone has any other turbo suggestions, please send them over.. the reason I have chosen the gt2260 is because they do a adaptor for it to fit to the standard manifold for an extra 40 quid.

Bargain really right....

Reactions: mister.c. and carlcall
First modification of a 2.0 tdi.

hqdefault.jpg