Salsa Pearl 1.8tqS in Ireland

kadett 244

Reaction score
Hi all!
I've been doing quite a bit of browsing on this forum so I said I better get a thread up so I can avail of the vast amounts of knowledge on these forums. Some of you may know the car from other forums as I've had it since Nov 2012

It started off like this:

IMG_1944
by kadett 244, on Flickr

IMG_1950
by kadett 244, on Flickr

Then it looked like this

IMG_2768
by kadett 244, on Flickr

IMG_2555
by kadett 244, on Flickr

Followed by this:

IMG_3878
by kadett 244, on Flickr

IMG_7868
by kadett 244, on Flickr

And now it looks like this, parked beside a 2.4 I bought for breaking

Untitled
by kadett 244, on Flickr

Spec is as follows:
AP coilovers
Caronio intake
Forge 007p
Custom 2.25'' exhaust with just backbox
S4 grill
S4 carbon doorstrips (blue weave)
R8 Oil Cap
911 coolant cap

Parts acquired but not fitted:
Jap spec bootlid
Lupo mirrors on B5 bases
Double-Din console
Miltek decat
TT 225 injectors
Phenolic intake gasket/spacer

Plans:
Respray
New wheels (thinking of going back to the Parabolas)
More powaaa!

Things I'd like to know more about the possibility of:

• B7 Quattro gearbox (Can only find threads about RS4 gearboxes)
  • TFSI turbo (Can't find a definitive thread for a simple install)

If anyone would have some advice on the above, I'd love to hear it

Thanks for reading
Mel

late b7 box won't go in, completely different style. Either s4 01e 6 speed or perhaps an early b6/7 6 speed quatty box, but no idea how the shafts would work, or the prop. The linkage is also different and there is no speedo drive iirc

@MaverickTDi & @johnarmy: Thanks lads! ;)

late b7 box won't go in, completely different style. Either s4 01e 6 speed or perhaps an early b6/7 6 speed quatty box, but no idea how the shafts would work, or the prop. The linkage is also different and there is no speedo drive iirc
That's the sort of information I was looking for. I was thinking it would be nice to have 6spd, t3 diff and a newer box but if it's going to be a mountain job, it's off the list. I still think an 01e might be on the cards

S4 6 speed requires matching prop/rear diff and a V6 front subframe.
Lovely, thanks! I have a 2.4 non-quattro so can I rob the frame off it?

oh yes, and that.

064, no point going there, too popular now.... :tongue new:
Hahaha, I dont plan on mega power anyway, my main problem is finding a FMIC that wont require massive hacking of the front bumber and let me keep my lower grills in place.
In all honesty, now that you have it done, is it worthwhile for someone looking for around the 300 brake mark working off a pretty much standard car? I'm not pushed on using a hybrid but I probably will end up with a beachbuggy k03 if this isnt viable

Bought a set of 312mm Black Diamond Disks are Ferodo DS2500 pads for the front and some standard disks and EBC Ultimax for the rear :D

Stop getting bad ideas, and then passing them onto me! :)

Any v6 subframe will work, 01e will still need matching rear diff, prop shaft, drive shafts and linkage.

Yeh, i removed the gears from the pump and reinstalled the housing and then just blanked off the two hose fittings with suitable sized sump plugs.

Its part of the radiator, but the S4 rad with the cooler connections doesnt fit the 1.8T as the connections are in different places.

You might be able to get a radiator from a 4 cylinder automatic car and make up new pipes etc, but i didnt bother. US S4's didnt get the cooler at all, so the cooler cant be that critical.

what part of ireland you in? i use to live in meath and there no way you could drive a car that low anywhere apart from the motorways, forget pot holes they were more like graves in the road you need a ladder to get out of them.

That's perfect lads, thanks, shouldn't be needed so.

Have any If you any suggestions for a front mount that fits the best behind a b5 a4 bumper. I wouldn't mind having to do a bit of hacking now but the pipes have to fit behind the lower grills

what part of ireland you in? i use to live in meath and there no way you could drive a car that low anywhere apart from the motorways, forget pot holes they were more like graves in the road you need a ladder to get out of them.
Haha, you wouldn't be far wrong. I'm from longford but when it was at its lowest, getting from my house to the main road was a bit sketchy but once you got to the main road you were elected!

Reactions: fullpower
Myself and @Jay 01 s3 went at fitting the phenolic spacer/gasket and to say I was impressed with the result would be an understatement.

The before and after results speak for themselves

Problem now is I discovered that my car got an engine replacement at some stage and they used an APU instead of an AJL so now I have a small port engine and big port manifold. That can't be good for power so I'll probably have to pick up a small port manifold now.

nice car and cracking colour.....

now your username!!!! do you have an opel Kadett?
Cheers man

Haha, I actually had an old Kadett(mk1 Astra) stock car when I was 13 and the racing number on the side of it was 244 so I joined some mk1 Astra forum with that username and I've kept it since