S3 door mirror question

jimbo_50001

Reaction score
Hi
Got a question about the door mirrors on the 8v S3. I ordered a new S3 Sportback just before Christmas and chose a number of options including the comfort pack. I just noticed that the door mirrors are not auto dimming as standard or as part of the comfort pack. Whilst I can live without that I also think they are not heated as standard making winter driving dangerous in my view.

Can anyone confirm they are not heated as standard?

If. It that's really poor on Audi's part. They are heated on my 8p S3.

How do I get the dealer to add them for free?

Thanks

Jimbo

Yea they are heated as standard. Just not dimming or folding

You have to turn them on. Move the mirror adjustment wheel to the 6 o clock position.

Mine fold but I had to set this option up on the car settings.

Mine fold but I had to set this option up on the car settings.
I ordered the folding mirrors, when I went to view it (before they packed it off for March) I tried locking it but the mirrors didn't fold in! I assume that's the setting you are on about in the mmi? Also do they then fold on the first click of the lock button?

Yes, settable on MMI after which they fold whenever/however locked.

Interestingly, unlike most cars, they don't seem to unfold when you unlock the car. This happens when you switch the ignition on, which I thought was odd.

Interestingly, unlike most cars, they don't seem to unfold when you unlock the car. This happens when you switch the ignition on, which I thought was odd.

Yep. Mildly annoying. The number of times I've got into the car, and wanted to check the situation behind me using the door mirrors without ignition (surveillance).

The (insert name of car here) R unfolds with the key fob unlock, but they also have the puddle lamps in the mirror housing, so makes sense.

More on mirrors and puddle lamps:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...rror-option-on-s3-saloon.224529/#post-2236558
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/trust-them-to-add-it-now.232083/

Pros and cons, handy if you lock the car and walk back as you forgot something in the boot, or if you are parked in a narrow street and are getting back in but not driving off straight away! I have manual folding mirrors on my current car and TBH I only fold them out when I'm ready to drive off, so it will be handy for me having them on the ignition.

Thanks for the replies, happily it seems the mirrors are at least heated as standard ?

I think Audi should rename the Comfort Pack as the "semi comfort pack". What's the point in providing one mirror out of three as auto dimming - hardly comfort.

My third S3, looking forward to it but that options list is increasingly becoming a cash cow.

Thanks for the replies, happily it seems the mirrors are at least heated as standard ?

I think Audi should rename the Comfort Pack as the "semi comfort pack". What's the point in providing one mirror out of three as auto dimming - hardly comfort.

My third S3, looking forward to it but that options list is increasingly becoming a cash cow.

yep, they do get expensive once you get a decent spec sorted out, but it does make the overall experience better