Audi S3 8l 2001 - LUK DMF Flywheel... from ECP

Alex C

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

My flywheel has done 140k miles and I was trying to total up the cost of a gearbox refurbish/replacement with clutch and flywheel

So I go onto ECP and find that they list two flywheels compatible with my car, both apparently from LUK;

The difference between the two, other than the price, appears to be the freeplay and number of teeth

Can anyone advise me as to which one I should be getting or if I should go elsewhere for a DMF?

Cheers
Alex

no nor me tbh. Maybe teeth on the outer diameter for the starter motor engagement?

I am wondering if it means that one has a maximum freeplay of 12° subtended by 5 teeth and the other one 27° subtended by 10 teeth

so per tooth its roughly the same freeplay? not sure that that would make sense though...

and why the price difference?

Last edited:
It would be going by the teeth on the outer edge stay on the safe side and replace your old one lick for like if you don't know how many teeth you old one has give Audi a ring talk to a mechanic and they should be able to tell you how many teeth and size ect.

Reactions: Alex C
Sorry just to add in if your getting a referbed gear box it will cost a lot less if you buy a bearing kit and do it your self its a easy enough job to do as long as you have a press and bearing pulling kit. I did one about a month ago cost about £170 for the bearing and seals kit it took about 2 hours to do all the bearings once the box is out the car.

no nor me tbh. Maybe teeth on the outer diameter for the starter motor engagement?

I am wondering if it means that one has a maximum freeplay of 12° subtended by 5 teeth and the other one 27° subtended by 10 teeth

so per tooth its roughly the same freeplay? not sure that that would make sense though...

and why the price difference?
I think you've nailed it with the starter motor idea.
I had one in my hand the other day, cant be more than 10 teeth. Its not like the entire flywheel has 10 teeth, what else could it be.

i got my fly wheel from carparts4less for 193.99 delivered using the code cp15less for an apy engine it was the 5 tooth part number 451011110(luk) and the same was true for my ary code audi supplied me the fw number 06a105266p and didn't have an answer for the 5 or 10 tooth either :)

ring them i had the same issue so gave them the chassis number & they confrmed the part