This happened last night

bluemoona3246

Reaction score
last night I got back to my car, having been to a football match, and as it was cold, naturally the windows etc were frosty, I started the car and front defrost etc, then I tried to roll down the windows (bad mistake) the passenger side one didn't come down immediately but eventually did, now the same for drivers side, it wouldn't come down and sounded funny, then it did come down and when I tried to put it back up, s*#t, it wasn't in the window frame! After driving with it down I tried to roll it back up and it went up further than the frame. Then when I stopped off for food I wound it all the way down, then out the window back up again and it went into the frame fine. So odd, wonder if anyone else has had this trouble and whether it's worth getting it looked at?

If it doesn't feel stable or rocks side to side then I'd get it looked at the regulator fixing to the glass may have became loose.

Luckily never had that. I don't use my electric windows when there's bad frost and also turn off auto folding mirrors just in case they freeze up like that.

Did have a window fail in the TT but that was mid summer and was the famous dodgy window regulators.

Reactions: JohnM100
Luckily never had that. I don't use my electric windows when there's bad frost and also turn off auto folding mirrors just in case they freeze up like that.

This is also the reason why, if you leave your wipers switched on, they won't move when you next start the car until you're actually moving, just in case they've frozen up.