A3 RNS-E Coding?

S

Scott_Crossley

hi all,

i am new to this forum but your help is greatly appreciated.

i have a 2010 audi a3 sportback, it came with the audi symnphony radio and i have upgraded this to the RNS-E system, it was plug and play with no mods required.

the problem i have is that the radio does not turn off when i take the key out, the radio station does not display on the dash screen as it did with the old one. i have been told the system needs coding onto the canbus car system for it to work correctly.

can anyone point me in the direction of where i can gain the required software to do this and maybe help me with how i actually do it?

many thanks,

Scott

From what i remember on mine you have to enable nav in gateway list. You just need vag com it doesnt require software its a pretty straight forward job

Sorry for the late reply, I tried having the nav coded by vag com yesterday but I have been told that the sat nav is knackered and the canbus module is broken this is why it will not turn off as it will not accept a new code? I have been told it's a firmware issue? So my nav is exactly the same as it was the day before!