New member from Ireland- B8 A4

hooch-85

Reaction score
I'll just copy this in from another forum

Picked this up tonight after selling the MK5 GTi a few days ago.

Its a 2008 B8 A4 TFSi 160 bhp, Sport Spec.

Afaik full S Line Spec wasn't available on the irish market in early 08 but a Sport spec was offered with S Line style seats, half leather and alcantara, 3 spoke wheel, Xenons and DRL's. Its a gun barrel grey colour. Mine has a few nice additions of aftermarket android NAV/DVD/TV, FK High Tec Suspension with a 60/40 mm drop (i think), SLine Black Grill, rear LED's, A5 style wheels shod in Michelin Pilot Sports.

Now I wasn't keen on A5 wheels due to the amount of wrecked felt spec machines they are seen on but on this car they really suit it in the metal.

Got it home tonight and had a lovely spin from Dublin. I'd describe it as 'lively', not as quick as the GTi but more than adequate, makes a nice sound, throatier than the Golf actually and tips along nicely at motorway speeds. Liking it a lot so far. I bought it from a forum member's brother and it really is a credit to him and the way it was kept. Paint is excellent and so is the interior.

My only qualm would be the suspension "clunks" at low speeds over harsh ground, not much of that in Dublin so i doubt the last owner even noticed it but plenty down in the Tipp sticks, it rides perfectly otherwise and from some research i suspect it could either be struts not properly torqued at top mounts or worn top mounts or drop links but the car passed NCT two weeks ago so its not something that's worrying me, like I said it rides and steers perfectly. Gonna get it on a lift the weekend to see if we can find anything, i also have full standard suspension to revert to if needs be.

Haven't got a chance to take pics yet so ill rob the donedeal ones until i clean it properly.

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice looking car. If you interested in meeting up with other forum members take a look at the small events section on main forum page. Enjoy the car and the forum. :) x