A4 B6 Cab - some info needed about headlamps.

variosso

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need your help. My left headlight has 2 broken mounts and is not 100% secure. I've searched over ebay for used headlights but there seems to be only a few with some ridiculous prices. Don't even want to ask the dealer. I've found some used ones on a foreign website which are quite reasonably priced. The only problem is, they are for EU versions of A4's (LHD). I understand the light angle is completely different, is there any way of adapting the headlamp to the UK (RHD) version? Is it just the matter of simply adjusting the projector lens? Can it be done at all? I only need a left hand side headlight which in EU is a drivers headlight.
Many thanks for your help.

I don't thnk it's possible to adapt them. Try ebay or a local breaker.

Reactions: variosso
Depends if you have factory xenons. Luckily for me my UK car came with factory fitted xenons with the switch to change the beam pattern to suit UK or continental driving, which has worked fine for me for MOT or controle technique tests on both sides of the channel.

Haven't checked on my cab but I know my old Celica had a leaver inside the light to switch the beam from LED to RHD. May be worth looking at the inside of your headlights

Just unbolt your bulb holder and put it in your new light

vr6gordy always helpful. Didn't actually think of that but what I need is the the back part with the brackets, everything else I can swap over. Thanks.

Which brackets are broken? I'm pretty sure you can get replacement brackets and just fit them..

The top two brackets are broken. I've seen some on eBay for saloon/estate but not for cab. When I asked the seller, they said the brackets don't fit the cab even though they look the same. That's why they made me confused.

I'm not sure if they didn't say that just because the weren't 100% sure if they fit.

Have you still got the broken brackets ?? If so araldite them back on once dry paint the glue black and you won't even notice

Scuff the plastic up first so it's got something to key to

That's exactly what I'm gonna do. My A4 has got few bits that I want to sort out over the weekend.

Definitely worth a try with some epoxy resin if you still have the tabs. It's not as if they are under huge strain if fitted right. I have had good results re-enforcing an epoxy resin repair with wire or metal angles glued on at the same time.

Tried Araldite and must say it works! So far so good. Seems like a strong hold so hopefully it'll stay that way. Thanks again guys.

Told you it would work spray a bit of black paint into the spray can lid and brush it on over the glue and you won't even tell