Egt sensor fix!

JoeeS3

Reaction score
Well, I created a thread the other day regarding boost problems with my newly purchased s4! I was having problems with the boost where it would feel like someone was tapping the brakes on WOT! I had my car scanned and it threw up an egt sensor 2 short to ground fault code!
I then did a little research on this and found that the small black boxes on the other end of the sensors(just underneath the y pipe) had a common problem where the solder joints would come free! So... I decided to open it up and have a check, and it appears one of the legs coming from the switch was not soldered! I'm going away with work for two days tomorrow, but will update this post with my findings when I can!
I will also get some photos up too! If the method of simply re-soldering the leg back on works then it'll save me a few hundred pound! Will keep you updated on how it goes though!!

If they do fail again, buy replacement PCB's from S4Sid rather than buying new sensors. the thermocouples rarely fail.

Well, I soldered the cracked joint back up! And to my surprise, the car runs like a dream, so anyone with any egt sensor problems! Just check your solder joints! Of that fails, then like aragorn said, buy new boards off sid!