OEM Bluetooth caller ID on DIS/RNS-E

agentsmith988

Reaction score
I just finished up my OEM Bluetooth install and am trying to figure out why I'm not getting caller ID to show up on my DIS or RNS-E screen. All of my contacts pull from the phone correctly and I can go through them via the DIS or RNS-E but when I select a name for an outbound call or receive an inbound call... all I get is the phone number displaying on the DIS and RNS-E screen. I'm using a 8P0862335T Bluetooth module.

I've tried adding a "1" to the numbers in my phone book because I've read that was an issue for some folks but it doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

Anyone have any ideas? I was under the impression from what I've read/seen that the contact name is supposed to show up in the DIS and RNS-E screen, not just the number...

Update: So when I use the DIS/MFSW to select/dial a number the caller ID displays correctly. However, the call always fails. I'm even more confused now...

Have your coded it to let it no it's thrre ???

Yes. Phone numbers display on the DIS during inbound/outbound calls... But the names do not. I can even scroll through my contacts on the DIS (but the call fails when I select a name from the DIS).

B5NUT, did you have any ideas? I got my BT module from Germany... Would that cause any issues?

I noticed that when I select a number from the DIS that the numbers briefly display on the RNS-e with the name (before the call fails) in this format: XXX XXX XXXX. However, when I select a number from the RNS-e (the call goes through but the name does not display when call is in progress) the number is like this: XXXXXXXXXX (no spaces).