My One and Why!

Bulloo

Reaction score
Why did I pick an S3

It was a hard decision between this and a similarly spec'd Golf R but the interior won me over in the end. Original choice was actually a CLA250 4Matic but anyway...

* Had to have a Quattro (I have a habit of braking very late and being an ex biker like going round corners fast so needed the grip)

* Practicality of 5-doors/hatch (into big Plants but they don't last long so needed space for big plants from constant trips to Ikea/Homebase/B&Q, etc).

* S-Tronic (tendonitis from too much running/hiking/trekking and left-foot needs to rest)

Options:

Amalfi White (ain't paying extra for paint + it seems to be the 'in' colour at the mo - well all the 'rude boys' seem to think so though I shan't be adding the leds to the bottom of the vehicle)...

Lunar Silver Nappa Leather with black headlining (absolutely detest dark interiors so this combination contrasts very well - didn't like the Alcantara). It's actually amazing with the two-tone seats and headlining/carpets/sides.

Sunroof (as above + can give some crisps/nuts to the monkeys at Woburn Safari Park and have them sit on the roof). When looking at the car from the front the sunroof gives the roof a two-tone (B/W) contrast. The sunroof also ties into the aforementioned practicality aspect with large plants fitting into the car..

Comfort Pack with Park System Plus (required since I needed the Reverse Camera + absolutely sh*te at parking)

Folding Door Mirrors are a good way to get rid of spiders who always seem to build their webs there!

Through Load system (a MUST since I couldn't cope with the constant whinging about cupholders and armrest missing + can show off how rich I am with the leftover empty starbucks coffee cups)

SD Card SatNav (no stick-on bits (it's such a classy interior after all and since I've got OCD this fits in with the fact that everything has to be totally and utterly clutter free) + can't justify an extra £1000 for the technology pack!

Interior light pack (every car needs some kind of mood lighting)

And finally...my boss's boss drives a BMW and kept going on "don't get an audi you want a beemer" - T0sser!

This forum has been absolutely superb in helping me making my mind up (it had taken me over a month on deciding on what make/model Toaster to buy) - in fact I didn't even bother with a test drive!!!

I'd also like to add the following regarding my purchasing time-frames as well:

Sept (week 2) - Mind made up and ordered car via CarWow (got just under 12 pct off - no p/x and cash payment). Sold my old car privately using AutoTrader in 1 day (since WBAC quoted 2K less)!
Oct (week 2) - Latest email from dealer advising car was confirmed for BW 20th Oct
Nov (week 1) - Dealer advised car will be ready for collection mid Nov and need to finalise pick up day
Nov (week 3) - Got it!

..The Good

* SDCard SatNav better than I thought (used to BMW Pro SatNav)
* Parking Camera/Side Sensors superb
* Interior (everyone whose been in it loves it)

..The Bad

* Cheapest Insurance is £518 (12 yrs NCB) - but then again I live in London!
* Left the Key-Fob in the boot and closed the hatch and could'nt open doors (even though I never locked it) - Luckily was at home and had spares but what if I weren'nt?...
* Thought I had the best car in my section of the underground carpark....but a neighbours just got themselves a Nissan GTR in white- Whaaaaaa!

..& The Ugly

* Scuffed rear alloy when parking, just had car for 2 days (told you was crap at parking)..
* Done 200 miles so far and only been driving in ECO mode and sooo impressed that I can't see the point of using Dynamic!!!

..Will post some piccies some time later when the weather gets better (the car is covered in grime but still looks good - Oh that interior)

Reactions: Cleggy70, s31jay, daydotz and 4 others
You buy an S3 to drive in Dynamic mode, not ECO!

Reactions: s31jay, Martinbanshee, koder and 2 others
Why did I pick an S3

It was a hard decision between this and a similarly spec'd Golf R but the interior won me over in the end. Original choice was actually a CLA250 4Matic but anyway...

* Had to have a Quattro (I have a habit of braking very late and being an ex biker like going round corners fast so needed the grip)

* Practicality of 5-doors/hatch (into big Plants but they don't last long so needed space for big plants from constant trips to Ikea/Homebase/B&Q, etc).

* S-Tronic (tendonitis from too much running/hiking/trekking and left-foot needs to rest)

Options:

Amalfi White (ain't paying extra for paint + it seems to be the 'in' colour at the mo - well all the 'rude boys' seem to think so though I shan't be adding the leds to the bottom of the vehicle)...

Lunar Silver Nappa Leather with black headlining (absolutely detest dark interiors so this combination contrasts very well - didn't like the Alcantara). It's actually amazing with the two-tone seats and headlining/carpets/sides.

Sunroof (as above + can give some crisps/nuts to the monkeys at Woburn Safari Park and have them sit on the roof). When looking at the car from the front the sunroof gives the roof a two-tone (B/W) contrast. The sunroof also ties into the aforementioned practicality aspect with large plants fitting into the car..

Comfort Pack with Park System Plus (required since I needed the Reverse Camera + absolutely sh*te at parking)

Folding Door Mirrors are a good way to get rid of spiders who always seem to build their webs there!

Through Load system (a MUST since I couldn't cope with the constant whinging about cupholders and armrest missing + can show off how rich I am with the leftover empty starbucks coffee cups)

SD Card SatNav (no stick-on bits (it's such a classy interior after all and since I've got OCD this fits in with the fact that everything has to be totally and utterly clutter free) + can't justify an extra £1000 for the technology pack!

And finally...my boss's boss drives a BMW and kept going on "don't get an audi you want a beemer" - T0sser!

This forum has been absolutely superb in helping me making my mind up (it had taken me over a month on deciding on what make/model Toaster to buy) - in fact I didn't even bother with a test drive!!!

Sept (week 2) - Mind made up and ordered car via CarWow (got just under 12 pct off - no p/x and cash payment). Sold my old car privately using AutoTrader in 1 day (since WBAC quoted 2K less)!
Oct (week 2) - Latest email from dealer advising car was confirmed for BW 20th Oct
Nov (week 1) - Dealer advised car will be ready for collection mid Nov and need to finalise pick up day
Nov (week 3) - Got it!

..The Good

..The Bad

* Left the Key-Fob in the boot and closed the hatch and could'nt open doors (even though I never locked it) - Luckily was at home and had spares but what if I weren'nt?...
* Thought I had the best car in my section of the underground carpark....but a neighbours just got themselves a Nissan GTR in white- Whaaaaaa!

..& The Ugly

* Scuffed rear alloy when parking, just had car for 2 days (told you was **** at parking)..
* Done 200 miles so far and only been driving in ECO mode and sooo impressed that I can't see the point of using Dynamic!!!

..Will post some piccies some time later when the weather gets better (the car is covered in grime but still looks good - Oh that interior)
I love how you did this write-up! The car sounds great.

Why did I pick an S3

Options:

Nov (week 3) - Got it!

..The Good

..The Bad

..& The Ugly

* Scuffed rear alloy when parking, just had car for 2 days (told you was **** at parking)..

Great write up buddy! :thumbs up:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

personally I've found eco mode to be less economical than dynamic. Averaged just over 28mpg in eco, now in dynamic, mostly in D mode, shifting to S when I want the extra thrust. Over around 700 miles of the same mixed type of driving I've been getting just under 34mpg, and not driving like a saint by any means

Eco seriously takes the power out of the car!

I use dynamic, but when you first set it, it sets the gears to S mode, once you **** it back to D its alright. Comfort is good for long journeys.

Eco seriously takes the power out of the car!

Eco I find is excellent for my commute around the M25. Only done 200 miles in mine and getting an average of 35mpg! Even better than my TT. It'll only improve once the engine is run in.
I do love the coasting it does as that really increases the mpg. I assume coasting is only available for s-tronic.

I've found that driving in the same manner the mode doesn't seem to make any impact what so ever. Leave it in dynamic and enjoy it. Or sell to some one who will appreciate it. But I suppose 300 horse power is a little wasted in London?

I've found that driving in the same manner the mode doesn't seem to make any impact what so ever. Leave it in dynamic and enjoy it. Or sell to some one who will appreciate it. But I suppose 300 horse power is a little wasted in London?

If I wanted a car to enjoy I would've bought a golf R :laugh:

Dynamic I'm finding at the moment too aggressive gear change wise. I think the clutches need bedding in still as in any mode the creep is quite harsh.