It's about time I said Hello!

Rupert49

Reaction score
Joined the forum at the end of October and clean forgot to introduce myself!

I retired 5 years go from a life in medical/surgical sales & marketing and recently had my 65th birthday. I always had new cars when I was working, but I've never ever bought myself a brand new car from scratch, although my current 10-year old MG ZT was purchased nearly new in the wake of the MG Rover collapse.

I've never driven nor owned an Audi but I really fancied the new A3 saloon body shape, so when the opportunity arose to spec an S3 from the ground up I really went for it, especially as it can out accelerate an M3 to 60mph! I placed my order back in June and was told that delivery was projected for May next year (11 months!) which was annoying but, as I have no problem with my current car, I was prepared to wait. Then, four weeks ago, I was told that my car had already gone into production and yesterday they told me I could collect it next Monday ... yaay!

I'll post something in the new car section once I've had it a few days. What I can say is that it's in that glorious Sepang Blue colour that I first saw in pictures from the Shanghai motor show last year (see the relevant pictures in this link):

Unfortunately the brightly polished S3-specific wheels were for the launch cars only, not for production vehicles (I did ask), but nevertheless the part polished/part anthracite look is still pretty cool, and as for the quad pipes .. well, what can I say?

I shall enjoying learning all about the Audi world whilst a member of this forum. Cheers everyone!

Hi Rupert, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice choice of colour for your new car. Im sure you cant wait for monday. Look forward to seeing the pics. You will hopefully enjoy the forum, we are all very friendly and helpful. :) x