upgrade

raz83

Reaction score
hi all

I use to have a a3 but now I have a a4 convertible, it is on a 06 plate in silver and is a 2.0 tdi like my a3 use to be, my question is if I post a log can somebody advise me on the rns-e coding because I am sure some idiot has done it it doesn't look right
and also is there any bad points to look out for on these cars
thanks
ryan

Try posting this on the satnav or vcds forum, think you may have more luck on those.

Which engine code?

Your engine has a unique number like the chassis number to identify it. It's only the 1st three letters that we need. Mines a BRD engine number for example. It'll be on your v5 doc.

I imagine yours may be a 140hp BLB or similar

if you have a brd like mine then you won't want to know common problems as you will worry that you're driving a ticking time bomb by the time everyone's chipped in :flush:

Also is it manual or auto gearbox?

Sorry about all the questions but it will help people answer your question about things to look out for

lol good point never thought of that, I don't have the v5 log book I have the new keeper bit that it is it on there

its a manual 140 but its been remapped

how do I find the satnav forum?

Regarding things to be wary of..

Engine :

Oil pump / balancer shaft issues (the big one that everyone will tell you your car WILL fail and possibly take the engine turbo with it) take a look at this thread, it's huge http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2-0-tdi-oil-pump-balance-shaft-failure.81997/

Blocked DPF filter (unless it was removed/gutted on remap?)

Sticky/blocked EGR valve (Unless blanked off / mapped out with the remap you had)

Not sure about the 140hp engines but the 170's had Piezo fuel injector problems which should have been replaced under a recall if your car is one that was affected. Worth phoning a local Audi dealer to ask if there is a recall on your car for injectors as it should be done f.o.c. (I've heard that this can cost well over a grand if you have to pay for it)

One note for you, when you take your car in for services/repairs, be honest with the garage and let them know its been remapped as if (in the unlikely event) audi bring out an update this may be applied to your car screwing up your remap. Also some garages just flash the ecu back to standard to try and resolve running problems which would also screw up your remap.

Hoping someone with a cab will jump in with some knowledge on other things to look out for.

Enjoy the fact you have purchased a vag 2.0TDI, im so glad I did :keule::sob:

or thank you for that your making me feel all warm and fuzzy about my purchase..

how do I find out if mine is one of those engines?

When you get the log book it'll be on there. ( the engine code I mean)

Don't worry about it we're all doom and gloom on here I'm sure you will be fine.

I've had problems with mine but no way I'm selling it...

I will let you know when I get it which code it is

I am a bit weary of mine it looks good don't get me wrong but the kid that had it before me has put it on coil overs and I was going to lift them but the back ones are as high as they go and I don't like it

I am hoping to get some standard suspension after Christmas...

Put a post in classified I bet there would be someone willing to swap a perfectly good standard set for your coilovers.

Im considering getting them actually, do you know which make they are?

Been told by many in the know that some coilovers (ap)!are a more comfortable ride than s line set up.

not mine its harsh

no I don't I will ask the kid that had it before me and let me know

the reason I want to swap them as well is that they are at the same height now but it doesn't go over those little speed humps that go under the car without scraping..