Alloy Wheel Paint - Avus Silver???

god_thats_quick

Numptie of the highest order
Reaction score
Website
www.theregister.co.uk
Hi All,

I am in the process of getting all my alloys made to look like new, but the company I've taken them to don't want to touch the plastic centre caps with the same process they're using on the wheels, I remember ages ago (and I can't find it) people on here buying some paint to touch up there wheels with, I guess my question is did you just go into Audi and ask for Avus Silver spray paint as there is a scratch on one of the centre caps that I want to sort myself when the wheels are all done.

Cheers, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ben.

I also want to refurb my spare set of avus rims and am not sure what paint to use. What paint are they using on the wheels? could you not ask the company for the paint code they will use on the wheels and get some made up? If you do find out would you be kind enough to share it.
Thanks,

Aaron

May ask them but they are worried that if they use the same process / paint on the centre caps the finnish will crack and flake off so I am looking for the audi touch up spray paint or brush as I remember somone finding that one of the Audi paints was a perfect match for the standard S3 alloys and I assume they just asked for Avus Silver but I'm wondering if anyone remembers.

I asked in Camberley Audi a couple of weeks ago - you can get Avus Silver, but only in a spray can, which works out at approx £12. They don't do the wheel paint you need in a touch up stick.

Ben

Were are you getting your wheels refurbed, and how much?
As mine are a bit tatty and I'd like to get them refreshed?

Jon

I'm getting mine done at wicked wheels in high wycombe, there not cheap but seem to do a very good job (was from a recommendation or I wouldn't have gone there), I think it's going to be £200 + vat for all four.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank Jason, do you reckon it's avus silver they use for the wheels

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was asking the parts guy took the model year and typed it all into the computer to get the exact match. He said that there were various different shades depending upon models - hence need to make sure you get the right one.