Brake air sound from pedal

cenci

Reaction score
Guys, can someone give me some advice here.
Started up the car today and on depressing the brake pedal I get an air whooshing sound.
It doesn't do it all the time, mostly when I'm pumping it while idling.
When I turn the car off after a couple of pumps the pedal goes hard.

I usually have my radio on and not sure if it's just me being paranoid or not???

I should of mentioned the air sound is fro the pedal area

Sorry to bump, but can someone let me know if this is normal or not or if I should get it checked out at garage.
Thanks

I think its normal, i've had it on a few cars.

Try not to pump it while idling.

Do they work ok? What if you just slowly depress the pedal and keep foot on it. Does it keep on going down to the floor gradually or does it go hard and stop.

Thanks, I'm probably being paranoid but just can't remember hearing it before.

On engine off the pedal goes firm after a few pushes.
On engine on the pedal sinks a little but I think that's because my pads are getting to the stage they soon need replacing. Brakes I think feel normal but again probably being paranoid.

If its a constant sucking noise which stops when you press the pedal then the brake servo is leaking. Its not mega common but has happened to a few people, major task to replace it due to the location of it in the engine bay.

If its a constant sucking noise which stops when you press the pedal then the brake servo is leaking. Its not mega common but has happened to a few people, major task to replace it due to the location of it in the engine bay.

No it's not constant, it's an air whooshing sound only when I press the pedal at idle. When the car is rolling I don't really hear it.