Cabin Pollen Filter

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Dont' pay Audi's extortionate price of £26 for a new filter. Don't even pay Halfords' price of £13.50 for one, assuming they've got one in stock or, failing that, can get one in.

Take the old one out (easier than ever in the B6), put it n a sinkful of hot water laced with washing powder, leave it to soak for an hour. Then clean out the crud (& there'll be lots of it!) with an old toothbrush, refresh the water & washing powder and leave it to soak another hour.

After that, rinse it off in clean hot water, & stick it on top of the boiler to dry.

Good as new, and a few quid saved.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

My pollen filter from the dealer was £11 including vat! ( I always knew helfrauds were expensive!!)

[ QUOTE ]
My pollen filter from the dealer was £11 including vat! ( I always knew helfrauds were expensive!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

My dealer's price was £26 as per original post. Which model do you have?

Hi,

Wheres the pollen filter located on the B6 please?

Si

Just changed the pollen filter on our golf and after 12 months and 20k miles it went straight from the car and into the bin it was filthy

located on passenger side next to the battery inside a tray,undo clips take out! that simple! (buy from dealer 12 quid +vat!)

i always believe in genuine parts!