eibach pro springs comfortablity?

A-Trizzy

Reaction score
Hey guys just in process of searching for a decent set of springs. I am looking for comfortabiity , handling aswell as looks. Don't want to go low just sitting with a nice arch above the tyres. I have been told by Damien from DPM that eibachs are good, just wondering if anyone on here has had them and if so whats the ride quality like? would it be better to get coilovers?

Thanks J

Have the pro-kit on mine, only real appreciable difference is in the improvement they make to the handling and of course the overall look, no noticeable reduction in ride quality. To me they just even the car up and make those arch gaps look right.
However if your after the ultimate, nothing to compare with coilovers.

Ahh cheers for the advice mate, I was thinking that coilovers would be the choice for all around look comfortability etc. However are much more expensive. May just go for the pro kit. Cheers

Have the pro-kit on mine, only real appreciable difference is in the improvement they make to the handling and of course the overall look, no noticeable reduction in ride quality. To me they just even the car up and make those arch gaps look right.
However if your after the ultimate, nothing to compare with coilovers.

What car do you have btw? any pics on what it looks like with the pro sport kit and what mm did you lower it?

I have a 2007 S3 so in my instance it's just the front 2 springs that are replaced with the pro-kit, really only drops the front about 15mm but that sees ist nicely in the arch. Will take a pic first thing in the morning to show you how it sits now.
As I understand it the kit for an A3 is different to that of the S3 and drops further but thats because they sit somewhat higher in the first instance.

Great thanks for the info guys, think ill go with the pro kit.

To run with standard shocks the Eibach Pro springs are by far the best aftermarket option available.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Hi Damien, I am interested in the Eibach Pro springs. I want the car to sit just above tyres without rubbing and a comfy ride. Would 30mm be ok for this? I have a SE 8p 2005 currently running 16" wheels ride is real smooth. Also need to know what size spacers would need as Ive bought a set of 18" s line alloys which I believe the offset is ET54. Any idea what spacers would be good for the FLUSH look and would same size be required for front and back?

Cheers J

Morning,

I don't think 30mm will get you just above the tyres but it will give you a good stance and great ride quality.

As for spacers I'd say 10mm front and 12mm rear.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Hi Damien, I am interested in the Eibach Pro springs. I want the car to sit just above tyres without rubbing and a comfy ride. Would 30mm be ok for this? I have a SE 8p 2005 currently running 16" wheels ride is real smooth. Also need to know what size spacers would need as Ive bought a set of 18" s line alloys which I believe the offset is ET54. Any idea what spacers would be good for the FLUSH look and would same size be required for front and back?

Cheers J
Buy some eibach 50/40mm or h&r 50mm lowering springs. Nice drop and improved handling. google image them