music download

Emma Jeanne

Reaction score
Hi - I'm collecting my new A3 on Tuesday after not too long a wait, exciting!! I use CDs or the radio in my current A3 but the new one's CD player is in the glove box so I will want to download music onto the car's system but have no idea how to do it. Do I need an iPod? I have music saved on my PC but none on my Samsung phone. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Hi Emma and welcome to the Forum. You don't say which model you have but if you have one with navigation the simplest way is to copy your music to an SD card and use that. If not it is likely that you have a USB connection in the box by the armrest and you could copy music to a USB stick.

There are lots of ways of getting music onto the memory (jukebox) you can put CD's in and then save them to the jukebox or load them all onto an SD card and again save them to the car. That's what I did.

Thanks for your help - not as tricky as I thought! Will copy onto a USB as it's a SE sport back 1.4, mythos black, xenon lights, parking sensors, but no navigation though! Will let you know how I get on.

Just let us know if you have further questions - we're all here to help each other!

I think I'm going to change my username to a feminine one.

I've never known such attentiveness on this forum !!! :p

:lmfao:

Reactions: Ceho, nadsi77, snakehips and 7 others
Thanks for your help - not as tricky as I thought! Will copy onto a USB as it's a SE sport back 1.4, mythos black, xenon lights, parking sensors, but no navigation though! Will let you know how I get on.

Hi Emma. You don't need sat nav to use an SD card. Your car, whatever spec, will have a CD drive and two SD slots in the glove box.
Just buy an SD card and drag all your music to it on your PC. Pop it in your new car and there it is, all ready to play.

I am just waiting for the offers of people going round to help her do it now.:D

Such a helpful, polite bunch.......

Reactions: lucas-suisse and veeeight
There are lots of ways of getting music onto the memory (jukebox) you can put CD's in and then save them to the jukebox

Really ....?

That sounds good , tried doing this & can't see anything in the manual about it , any ideas ?

Really ....?

That sounds good , tried doing this & can't see anything in the manual about it , any ideas ?

I'm sure you're aware but just to confirm that you only get the 10gb memory (jukebox) with the tech pack.

Reactions: Tiny
Ah that's why then not got that thanks for clarifiying

I can recommend this reader (it's USB3 compatible, so fast to transfer if your PC has USB3 ports):
Amazon product

This is the card I use:
Amazon product

If you use iTunes on your PC, the music will already be organised in a compatible form - just locate your iTunes Music folder and copy the contents of it onto the SD card. What you should be aiming to see in the root directory of the SD card is a load of folders, one for each band, and within each folder other folders for each album, with the tracks themselves within.

Collected new A3 four hours ago and it's wonderful. Just got used to the hold assist and reading the instructions for the MMI. Thanks for all your advice. Will get an SD card tomorrow and transfer all my music. BTW the lights are mega.