Bad Day: First crash in the A3

notta3

Reaction score
Cannot believe this happened earlier, was driving out of the underground car park where I live, started to pull out round a blind corner and clipped my front end on a friend who was pulling in.

Somehow their car came off with barely a scratch, it looks like their tire took hit the lower portion of my front bumper. Was all low speed but it seem to have done a fair bit of damage to mine :( Its made a mess of the front bumper and seems to have made the headlights look misaligned so slightly concerned there may be some hidden damage, but the front bumper isn't sat correctly anymore so maybe its due to that.

Going to take it somewhere tomorrow, does anyone know a good body shop in nottingham?

Anyway, there's a pic below. Considering sourcing a new bumper and fitting it to help keep costs down, or is it best to get it sorted properly? I wouldn't mind having it checked over at least to make sure its just the front bumper that needs replacing.

At least it was someone I knew, we both agreed to sort it out outside insurance, they even offered to split the costs to keep things amicable.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 482
I would be gutted sorry for you man even a little bump in an Audi ain't cheap . Well not for me with a £500 excess

Dave

At least you're ok, could have been worse if one of you were in a rush and going quicker.

Although hard to 100% tell, from those pictures it looks like you'll get away with just a new bumper and grill. Bonnet, wing and light look fine.

Thanks guys. Went to the bodyshop today who said pretty much that! Needs a new bumper, fog grilles and then get it resprayed.

I may have sourced a new bumper for 200quid. Looking at 100 for the fog grilles from audi which seems steep for some bits of plastic, anyone know of any going second hand?

Will post some before and after pics once it's all sorted.

It was in a private car park underneath a block of flats at the top of end of town, how come? are you local?

Not normally local, I'm from Manchester but took a new job with a company based in Nottingham, so during my training/induction they've got me a flat on Mansfield Road, and a car parking space at Huntingdon Street car park, and i was just thinking the other day, all the car parks round here seem really tight entrances and exits!

definitely i refuse to use the multi storey at hockley with the entrance and ramps being so tight!