Fitting a new TB / Anti shudder valve

AudiA3JJ

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm fitting a new Throttle body or anti shudder valve as its known as these days! Is it a straight swap or am I going to need vag com to align electronic stuff up!?

Cheers for any advice! ... In meantime I'm Gonna moan a bit to myself now about the days when you could just swap a carb for another carb and re-jet it!

I'm sure you'll need to do a throttle alignment. It may work without it but it'd suggest doing it.

Hi,
i changed my throttle body myself without any coding... it didn't even do any noticeable adjustments and car ran fine and MPG was correct....

So i would say you don't need to code it.

Car has even been in for diagnostics with Audi and they didn't find anything wrong with it.

..I ended up asking round a few garages including darkside, all of which said you don't need to... Good cause I don't have vcds! ..todays job sorted :)

Confirmed.. Straight swap no alignment required... Gotta love shiny new engine parts :)

Reactions: T33_BKD
Did you notice an improvement in the car turning off? My 2.0tdi sounds/feels like it's shuts down a bit harshly (bit of a judder and thump!) ...not sure if it's the asv or the mounts? Guess there's no way to check if the asv is working ok like the older units where you could see the actuator moving?

...my reason for changing was part of my process of illumination. I've had a jerky throttle response ever since I bought the car. I thought it might have been the asv, that's why I changed it for a new one however the jerkyness is still present. My next job is to swap the Pedal inside the car thinking it could be sending a broken signal. After that I'm gonna buy vcds and play with setting lol... Fun N Games!!

...anyway to your point I've never had shutdown problems. When I kill the ignition the engine shuts down as it should, ..just tried it and it's very smooth but always had been.

Right, I understand. I'm fitting a new vacuum solenoid valve block when it arrives in a few days as mine was running a bit smokey. After testing lots of pipes and connections, my mate scanned it and says it's got a boost leak there. He said that wouldn't affect the shut down tho... Mines not too bad but always seems a bit clonky to me! (Compared to a mk5 gt tdi 170 I used to run) Anyway, hope you find the problem with yours mate!