Audi Sound System surround?

tinbumtudz

Reaction score
I was stuck in traffic this morning, so to entertain myself, I selected the dvd. Whilst adjusting the settings I noticed that it allows me to choose the audio tracks, including dolby digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1. I know that surround is available on b+o, but does this mean it's also on ***?.

I doubt it, but the only way to tell for sure is to play a 5.1 Test DVD to see if you truly get 5.1 with ***.

The differences are:
Standard 9VK, 80 Marketing Watts, 8 Speakers, 4-ch amp
*** 9VD, 180 Marketing Watts, 10 Speakers, 6-ch amp
B+O 9VS, 705 Marketing Watts, 14 Speakers, 15-ch amp

I suspect the 5.1 decoding is done in the B+O amp so without it, all you'll get is 2 channel audio.

I doubt it, but the only way to tell for sure is to play a 5.1 Test DVD to see if you truly get 5.1 with ***.

The differences are:
Standard 9VK, 80 Marketing Watts, 8 Speakers, 4-ch amp
*** 9VD, 180 Marketing Watts, 10 Speakers, 6-ch amp
B+O 9VS, 705 Marketing Watts, 14 Speakers, 15-ch amp

I suspect the 5.1 decoding is done in the B+O amp so without it, all you'll get is 2 channel audio.
Thanks veeeight. Any idea where I could find a 5.1 test dvd?.

This has probably been mentioned before, so apologies in advance, but ....

... your telling me you can play DVD's thro' the A3/S3 MMI with Audi Sound System? :think:

I suspect it's just giving you the choice of which audio track you want to listen to (because they could be carrying different soundtracks), rather than suggesting that it will be presenting it in surround.

Reactions: veeeight
This has probably been mentioned before, so apologies in advance, but ....

... your telling me you can play DVD's thro' the A3/S3 MMI with Audi Sound System? :think:

You didn't know ?

Just need Tech Pack, no need for any upgraded audio system.

Reactions: Bristle Hound