yellow low oil light on still after changing oil?

fullpower

Reaction score
Hi , had the yellow low oil light come on my tqs the other day about 20 miles from my house limped it home and went got some new oil to do a full change ,done that and yellow oil light is still on it was low when the light came on so i dont think its the sensor. there are no codes to erase. Also does anyone know if b5 have bonnet sensors,should the bonnet show as open on the little dash diagram like the doors and boot ? I read somewhere if the car dosnt think the bonnets been opened it wont turn the light out?

The bonnet switch could be to blame but theres no symbol on the dis for it. Maybe you can check with VCDS?

I only have a cheap dtc scanner .il give the bonnet switch a look at tomorrow and go from there.

I may stand to be corrected on this, but I think that bonnet-must-be-opened thing first appeared on the B7. Certainly, the B6 I have these days doesn't seem to, although it does have the "bonnet open" warning on the DIS. The B7 I had some years ago did have it.

Assuming you've checked the oil level with the dipstick and it's ok, then the yellow warning is a "low-oil" light. Which suggests the sensor may be faulty if the level is correct.

Reactions: Arrkon
AFAIK mk4 golfs and 8L A3's have the bonnet thing, so no reason to think a late model A4 wouldnt have it!

A quick check would be to unplug the bonnet sensor, and stick a jumper wire across the end of the plug emulating an opened bonnet, then see if the warning goes away!

As far as I know the B5 has the sensor. I unplugged it on mine then reconnected (trying to trace fault with alarm). Located right next to bonnet catch. Need small screwdriver to release.

well yesterday it turned it self off delayed reaction.

And I stand corrected - low-oil just came on this evening - opened bonnet and it went off. Top up tomorrow.