Reload 2014

scotty76

Reaction score
Anyone used Carpro Reload 2014? My car has CQuartz Finest on it so this is the recommended top-up but I've been reading some posts on t'internet saying it can be tricky to apply properly. Anyone here used it? How did you find it?

My wifes black/ red MINI John Cooper Works had CQuartz Uk applied when new in Sept. 2013 by a Pro Detailer

I havent got round to using CarPro Reload 14 yet as I have over 600ml of the 'old' formula left

I intially found Reload a bit of a pain as it is prone to smearing if too much is applied. Carpro recommned a 50/50 dilute with de-ionised water for Reload 14 on dark / black cars

I've had a bit of a mess around with Reload and now mix it 50/50 with Sonax BSD, but still have to be careful about over application.

Reactions: scotty76
I intially found Reload a bit of a pain as it is prone to smearing if too much is applied. Carpro recommned a 50/50 dilute with de-ionised water for Reload 14 on dark / black cars

Yeah the 2014 version seems worse than the previous version which is what prompted the question. I've read the various threads, mostly on the Autogeek forums, and it does sound a bit of a pain. Smearing, high spots, oily film left behind. I might give it a miss and use something else instead as I can't be doing with fickle products. Was trying to keep it in the Carpro family but not at all costs.

I've had good experiences with FK #425, Gtechniq C2V3 and Britemax Spray & Shine. I guess the Gtechniq is closest to Reload so might try that again.

Thanks for your input.

Yeah the 2014 version seems worse than the previous version which is what prompted the question. I've read the various threads, mostly on the Autogeek forums, and it does sound a bit of a pain. Smearing, high spots, oily film left behind. I might give it a miss and use something else instead as I can't be doing with fickle products. Was trying to keep it in the Carpro family but not at all costs.

I've had good experiences with FK #425, Gtechniq C2V3 and Britemax Spray & Shine. I guess the Gtechniq is closest to Reload so might try that again.

Thanks for your input.
This is the finish I'm getting using the 'old' Reload with the 50/50 with Sonax BSD on the wife's MINI

No smearing or the like whatsoever :thumbs up:

Must admit I do like Gtechniq C2V3, bit more durability than the FK & Britemax in my experience. Am considering using the C2V3 on my new Audi, having had great results on a red car with it before :)

Well @Bristle Hound I finally manned up and gave the Reload 2014 edition a try. Decided to spray it onto a wet panel to dilute it a bit. Picked the boot as the test panel. And guess what? It smeared like b*ggery and made a right old mess. So not going to be using any more of that on black! :) I don't have any Eraser so am not going to attempt to fix it. Will simply wait for it to wear off. Anyway it's off to the pro detailers later in the month for it's winter protection so will get sorted then.

I love detailing, some days things turn out spectacularly well and other days it goes totally t*ts up. :) Live and learn.

Reactions: Keef
@scotty76 - There has been quite a lot of issues with Reload 2014 I'm reliably told

Just by washing the car with your normal shampoo will remove the smearing the Reload 14

What winter protection are you getting done?
& yes, Detailing can be like that. Spectacular results one day, spectacular fail the next. I suppose thats the learning process lol

@Bristle Hound I knew the 2014 version was a pain which is why it has been sitting on the shelf. I read all the stuff I could find a while back but even so it truly is the worst thing I've used in quite some time! I smeared Dodo Supernatural Acrylic Spritz the first time I used it but a quick reapplication and wipe fixed that. The Reload looks more stubborn. Will re-wash it this week.

Ironically the winter protection consists of a maintenance wash and Reload coating. :) CQ Finest is still working well so it's the best option. I'm already thinking ahead to next summer when the coating will be 2 years old and wondering what next. Maybe Swissvax Shield or go mad and splash out for the Crystal Rock! Pro applied again.

Can also report the DLUX on my wheels is still working 1 year on. I only did about 3.5k miles last 12 months so I wouldn't say that's typical but it has lasted well.

Reactions: Keef and Bristle Hound