Isn't this mildly annoying..

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
So yeah this happened

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412288999019274

That's the whole way around the tyre, oh the joys of stretched tyres and camber.

Was driving home from town and something didn't feel quite right, knew right away it was a flat tyre, which can be deadly on stretched rims.

So pulled over and changed it, and had quite a shock when I saw the inside of the tyre.

Forgot about my spigot ring on the hub for my alloy, put the space saver on over the top of it and wrecked the ring so have to get a new one of those too.

Moral of the story, check your tyres even if they look ok

Car looks great I must say..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412289287340188

Nothing to do with stretch! New tyre and get your wheel alignment done, standard suspension should not cause wear like that unless something is off.

Second that, low doesn't mean tyre wrecker.
Check out Amar's CLS on 20" Vossens 10" wide front and rear with plenty of stretch.
Tyres wear evenly.
a258e205e78b48db34f02eaef6c3b6b0.jpg

That's crap mate. My e92 did exactly that with the Bridgestone run flat. I could poke my finger through the hole!
Basically due to the normal camber and a lack of give in the sidewall.
New tyre then?

That's **** mate. My e92 did exactly that with the Bridgestone run flat. I could poke my finger through the hole!
Basically due to the normal camber and a lack of give in the sidewall.
New tyre then?

Yeah it was bad like. I didn't know they were in that state as it was on the inside. Lucky I wasn't far so only had a few miles to limp home on the spair. Alignment was probably out but was a combination of that and camber I'm sure.

Getting 2 tyres and alignment on Monday.

Mostly hacked off as I had planned to get my new grill next week but have to buy 2 tyres now instead

It ain't excess negative camber that's done that , it's toe out or a worn bush.

The passenger tyre wasn't quite as bad but stil worn on the inside a bit. The tyre guy said the alignment was out by quite a bit on the driver's side.

Anyway 2 new ones and an alignment :) good to get my alloy back on again

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412631138370545

Reactions: Statler, antowens and ruairi83
Where did you go to?
I used to use Harry's Tyres when they were about but I'm struggling to find anywhere that can change a tyre without marking my rims

What's the significance of your plate?

Went to Bells Tyre Centre in Crossgar, I only live a few miles out the road from them. They were fantastic, took great care when putting the tyres on. Highly recommend them

My plate reads my name when it's done illegally lol

AARON
44RCN

Never have peace with it though, cops know my plate for having stopped and fined me for it on a few occasions, so it's staying standard until I get a bit older lol