Idle Issue

lfowers

Reaction score
Hi,
Got and Audi A3 2.0FSI with an idle issue. The car will idle fine sometimes but other times it will be hunting. Sometimes the idle will move around the 600 to 1000 mark when sat in traffic. Other times it will slightly move around the 650- 750 mark. Ive heard something about an oil cap test so i took it off and the car idled badly and the engine was violently shaking until i put it back on.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

sounds like something is blocked i.e vacuum pipes oil breather pipe ect!

Okay thanks i'll have a look, is there nothing like a PCV valve on these?

Could be the pcv mate, cheap'o fix and easy as hell.. You haven't had timing belt replaced lately av u as that could be ur prob as well.

Where abouts is the PCV on it? Not had the timing belt done no, chain and tensioners where done about a year ago but the problem has only started in the last few months,

I'll post you a pic of the pcv

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411118128579760

£55 with the gasket from TPS. Take you 10 mins to change it t25 torx screws about six of them then just squeeze the pipe to remove it.

Thanks for replying dude, cant seem to find anything like that on mine, i'll upload some pictures now.

Apologies if the images are to big!

Sorry flowers I put the picture of the tfsi engine up not the fsi that's why it looks completely different mate. I read your thread wrong I thought it was the 2.0tfsi you had not fsi, sorry.

Cheers anyway bud! Ive heard of this VCDS diagnostics tool, is it expensive? The emissions light keeps coming on despite resetting it with a basic code reader so really need something proper to find out what the problem with it is.

Emissions light is normally lambs sensor, best getting it scanned with vcds pal an check things out before u start spending.

I need to get that done soon to keep the costs down. The car seems okay, plugging in a basic code reader brings up P0420 Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1)

hi where are you based I have genuine ross tech vcds if that helps

Hi im based in Lancashire, vcds help would be great!