Experience (sound / Entertainment)

shrek84

Reaction score
Attended local Audi dealership only to be told they won't do any upgrades I was after as they have to stick to what is available on a screen to them and can't guarantee compatibility of anything that isn't already in the vehicle...

Wanted to tap into the wealth of knowledge on this forum for any advice in upgrading what I already have - I've attached an image of what is currently in the vehicle (Audi 2.0 Tdi 2011)
203121697 w988 h741

I would like a double din DAB (touch screen type thing!) with the capacity to be able to use my phone (iPhone) for music and making calls... Any recommendations?

Also what problems can I encounter in replacing the radio - I've been told Audi entertainment systems can be a pain in the backside when they go wrong - am I likely to encounter any error messages or effect anything else in replacing??

If I were to go for a pioneer / sony system or like - will i need some type of installation kit so that the systems fits properly? If so has anyone got any links to where I could pick one up....

Cheers in advance for any replies

I should have mentioned - re problems etc, are aftermarket products like the pioneer / sony double din systems compatible with the audi set up (steering control for volume etc)? Just like to know what ill be getting myself in for in taking this on being a relative novice at any type of car modification!

@NHN is the man you need to speak to. He can do all the OEM retrofits you need. He's done loads of work on my car as well as countless others, Cant recommend him enough