New A6 Owner Needs Help!

proctor

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently picked up a 98 a6 Quattro tonight with 240k on it! I love the way it drives but I was hoping you guys could point ne in the right direction with some problems im having.

Problem 1) rear left window stuck down. I opened it and when I went to put it up it went up and inch and went back down it keeps doing this I tried turning off and on car with no effect.

Problem 2) how do I remove front fenders? There very rusty and I would like to replace them asap

Problem 3) keyfob works intermittently

Problem 4) sunroof doesn't open (not a big concern

When the above problems are fixed I will be delighted! It drives soooo nice and for 650$ I can't go wrong! Any help is much appreciated

Hopefully I'll love it more then my a4 b5 but at this point I love both

240K Excellent! Mines just hit 176K! buts its a young one at 2004

1) Rear window is a frame with a cable drive. You need to pull the door trim off and extract the whole frame.

Sometimes you can fix them otherwise a new regulator frame from ebay does the trick.
If you drill out any rivets to fit a new frame drill undersized and tap out or the new frame will not be firm.
2) Unbolts with the front off.

3) Check the convenience control module for damp..its common A4/A6 issue. Not sure where is is on US models. Otherwise an auto locksmith?
4) Motor or relay. Pull it out and try a hot wire job? Again damp is the killer.

Did you have VagCom or VCDS for your A4?
That may help in diagnosis as it should point to any defective modules.
If you didn't then ebay cable and free download from Ross Tech a starting point.

Share how you get on!