Phone Prep Removal

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a brand new centre armrest that i want to replace mine with but it has the phone prep buile in and no obvious way of removing it, has anyone done this or indeed know how it is fixed,i have reoved all of the trim oieces but still not obvious,
Thanks as always,
Matt

So the new one has phone prep of which your car doesn't?

I seem to recall when I did this to the missus old S4 that didn't have phone prep either, I left it attached for some reason.

Yes thats correct, the only reason for removing it is the armrest is very shallow with the phone prep fitted, seems a shame to destroy it getting it out though, also it must be a modification of the older ones as the lid hinge fittings are different and the angle agjustment is done via a catch by where you open the lid rather than a ratchet as you lift the whole armrest up, although both carry the same part number:think:

TBH I fitted the phone prep version so I could use the button latch release system instead of lifting up to lower lol.

Ah so is it the phone prep version that has the button latch then? That would also explain the different hinge slots for the lid as i doubt the phone would fit on the cradle and allow the lid to close.