Some Minor Problems With S3 8l - Grateful For Any Help

Mik

Reaction score
Had my S3 for a few years now and am still loving it. However, its developed a few niggles (to be expected, having done 200,000 miles plus but still going strong). I want to keep it going but not sure if its time to look at alternatives, if anybody could help me pinpoint whats causing a few of the problems I'd be very grateful:

1. Major oil leak - can't tell where is coming from as engine covered in old oil. On right hand side of the engine, water pump side. Poss fault code with the turbo from last service, are these connected, some have suggested the oil feeder pipe.

2. Rear wiper or screen wash pump doesn't work - motor gone?

3. Temp gauge never goes above half way, but does fall below it everynow and then, possibly when on downhill sections of motorways but not too sure if thats causing it - water pump? Though did have cam belt replaced recently and they said they had changed the water pump.

4. Passenger doors no closing properly - door locks?

5. One headlight sometimes doesn't always come on first time, need switching on and off a few times or waiting 5 minutes.

6. It does need a wash but at least thats something I can manage!

These make it sound like the cars falling apart! Its not, just a few issues I want to get sorted to keep the car going!

Many thanks, hopefully these may help others with similar problems