BW 37, 38, 39, 40

Letter through the door today confirming BW 40!! (which is this week) with an early November collection...

Was originally given BW36!! back in July.. There is light at the end of the tunnel at last!!!

I'm BW 39. I've asked my dealer 3 times now for my VIN and he says it's not yet available. Am I being fobbed off?

Mine was the same BW39 my dealer has no information so I rang Audi CS they told me when it was built, when it arrived at Emden and gave me the VIN I'm sure our dealers can access the same info as Audi CS but I guess they don't want to know, so my advise would be to just give them a call, after reading a few horror threads on here it was just nice to know it had been built!

Update on my BW 37 car - old one has gone in and all the finance stuff sorted at the dealership. Agreed to collect 13th Oct - annoyingly, the car will be available before then, but i won't be! Still - they said 1st/2nd week Oct when i ordered it so i guess they were bang on. Just need to get through the next 12 days....

Great news, my build week 38 is being picked up next Wednesdsy!

Same here...BW37 collection this Friday! Only two sleeps left for me :)
Build week 37. Car picked up on Monday. They wanted deal done before end of sept for the books. Handover was very good from Audi Coventry. Car spotless and all controls explained to the wife, I had read and watched every article on the A3 and felt like I knew it all. 140 mile drive home which was ok until the heavens opened ! Took to the adaptive cruise very quickly, it's great. Maybe should have upgraded to Audi sound system but apart from that it's great. Image

Looking good Nick.

Think your the first BW37 to post collection day photo!

Looking good Nick.

Think your the first BW37 to post collection day photo!
There has been a lack of photos of the cars considering we are waiting 3 months for them. Those still waiting want to see, know I did!

My car is at Audi Coventry now. Agreed handover on Thursday 9th October as needed to arrange time off work.
Only one week to go :D

Mine was the same BW39 my dealer has no information so I rang Audi CS they told me when it was built, when it arrived at Emden and gave me the VIN I'm sure our dealers can access the same info as Audi CS but I guess they don't want to know, so my advise would be to just give them a call, after reading a few horror threads on here it was just nice to know it had been built!

Thanks, I will give them a call if I can find the number. What will they ask from me? I have my Vehicle Order Form in front of me but I'm struggling to see any sort of order number on it !

DonnyDriver
Audi CS number is :0800 699888. Just give them your name and they should be able to look up your order

DonnyDriver
Audi CS number is :0800 699888. Just give them your name and they should be able to look up your order

Many thanks Reggie for that. I phoned Audi CS to enquire about my car - spent ages on hold on whilst they hunted for it on their system. I started to get a horrible feeling something had gone wrong...

When they came back on the phone they told me that my car was actually in BW 40 (not 39). I've been told that it will be in the UK 10 to 15 days from the 30th September (guess it was built on Tuesday) and can then take up to a maximum of another 8 days to be ready at my dealership.

They weren't able to give me a VIN though. Said it would be available once it made it to the UK ????

DonnyDriver
Seems a bit odd that they managed to locate your car eventually but couldn't give the VIN number until it's in the UK!!!
The varying degrees of customer service accross the Audi dealerships is mind numbingly painful to say the least!! Some get regular updates & others have to do the chasing for the slightest bit of info...

At least the wait is nearly over and you'll be able to enjoy your new car soon!!

Yes, all seems a bit random depending who you speak to. I've sent Audi CS an email now to see how I go about obtaining it earlier.

Just had it confirmed that my BW38 is on the boat and hand over arranged for next week. I am feeling quite happy and relieved to be near the end of the wait. It hasn't done me or my blood pressure any good, I think I might buy from stock next time ;)
Doing some quick searching and it is on the City of St. Petersburgh heading for the Port of Tyne. Due in at 4pm tomorrow. Do I go and wave her in to Port LOL. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:6.616928/centery:53.58578/zoom:8/mmsi:353083000

Just had it confirmed that my BW38 is on the boat and hand over arranged for next week. I am feeling quite happy and relieved to be near the end of the wait. It hasn't done me or my blood pressure any good, I think I might buy from stock next time ;)
Doing some quick searching and it is on the City of St. Petersburgh heading for the Port of Tyne. Due in at 4pm tomorrow. Do I go and wave her in to Port LOL. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:6.616928/centery:53.58578/zoom:8/mmsi:353083000

Out of interest, how did you work out it was on this ship? I'll be trying to find mine when it has been build in week 46:)

Out of interest, how did you work out it was on this ship? I'll be trying to find mine when it has been build in week 46:)
It's the only car cargo carrying vessel from Emden this week heading for the Port of Tyne. I was told the status on my car which had been 'released at port' for nearly 14 days, changed today to on vessel. So an educated guess, narrowed by the fact it is the only one this week it can be on. And none at the start of next week are heading to the Tyne from Emden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work, not hard to work out on that basis then :)

I remember the lady that sold me my car said it comes into Sheerness (Kent) I think she said. I guess they all come from Emden?

Good work, not hard to work out on that basis then :)

I remember the lady that sold me my car said it comes into Sheerness (Kent) I think she said. I guess they all come from Emden?
Yes, Tyne, Grimsby and Sheerness from Emden are the UK ports.

My BW40 has left the factory on the way to the port. Just gotta wait for the boat to be filled and it will be on its way to the UK.

Anyone know out of interest if it's transported via rail or road to the port of Emden?

Anyone know out of interest if it's transported via rail or road to the port of Emden?
I believe it is rail. Mine got released quite quickly but then sat waiting on a boat for what seemed like forever. But then it was heading for the Tyne, where there is maybe one boat a week. I believe if you are getting delivery to the southern ports it can happen quite quickly and your car is in the UK in no time.

I believe it is rail. Mine got released quite quickly but then sat waiting on a boat for what seemed like forever. But then it was heading for the Tyne, where there is maybe one boat a week. I believe if you are getting delivery to the southern ports it can happen quite quickly and your car is in the UK in no time.

Thanks mate, dealership is Crewe, Cheshire so not sure which post as it's pretty central in the country.

2gnqhMW.jpg

MMeBe98.jpg

KYcM0LI.jpg

And no, your car won't get a full body cover.

Reactions: The Challinor

Just checked marine traffic and your boat appears to be heading to the USA : marina of Portsmouth

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/353083000

How ever Isar Highyway is currently on route to Grimsby

The new Grimsby Terminal (only for the larger vessels)

y8fiR1z.jpg

bVpe3pG.jpg

Reactions: The Challinor
I'm still being told w/c 13 for receiving the car.

I have a manual 1.6 now that my main car has gone, I feel like crying.

Hey, I'm with Crewe Audi - BW 42 went to 43 and hasn't moved. Grrrr. No wonder salesman isn't answering emails!

Hey, I'm with Crewe Audi - BW 42 went to 43 and hasn't moved. Grrrr. No wonder salesman isn't answering emails!

Get out of our thread ;)
They're not the most attentive when it comes to regular updates but I suppose no news is no news, so can't really blame them. Seem to be quick to respond when I email though, who's your salesperson?

Mine's a BW39 which is presumably built by now, but my dealer hasn't resonded to my emails for a few days now.

Given that I'm only poking him about an estimated delivery date I'd actually feel a little shame in chasing him like a kid before Christmas but the wait is KILLING me!!!

I don't understand the inconsistency across the different dealers. I had BW 38 and still expecting to pick it up end of October! And even when I email the dealer for updates on the car, all he says is, "expect your car end of Oct." No update on location or whereabouts of the car. :think:. Waiting game is killing me:keule: