Advice on S3 performance

L11WOK

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum, ive had my s3 a little over a month now and i love it, need more power though ha.

Its apparently had a stage 2 REVO map but no paperwork to prove it,
K&N panel filter,
De-baffled boost pipe,
De-cat

I had it Dyno'd at Revo-tune in durham and it only put out 216.1
Only 6bhp more than standard

I want a front mount intercooler for it but apparently Universal kits dont give much gain and decent kits are like £800!
I also want a full stainless but dont know what bore to get 2 1/2" or 3"
Then could anyone recomend a good induction kit?
Then once all of this is done a Dyno Remap?

Any advice will be fantastic, Thanks

dont be sucked into expensive FMIC, i had an S3 with a forge front mount, quite an expensive kit by all accounts, put on by a previous owner, it also had a big turbo conversion done and when i removed the forge it had split the welds on the end tanks, i called forge and they said they are only good for about 330/340hp (can't remember exactly but it wasn't much) search up welly cooler on here that route isn't a huge amount and seems pretty decent, depends on the budget really

Im confused, whats a welly cooler? lol

but seriously, its a user on here that did a fmic mod that others have copied by all accounts, do a search and all will become clear

Last edited:
Ive just had a quick search and it just looks like a bigger diameter cooler, ive just found an airtec frontmount on ebay for £450, only £100 more than a universal kit

There is a FMIC thread in the FAQs...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ay-forge-s3-a3-fmic-installs-image-heavy.html

As said, the cheaper option id the 'welly cooler' which is essentially a largish eBay/toyosport one... retaining the foglights and grilles takes a little effort but if you are not fussed about that then all good... if you want the OE look then the AH Fabs V2 is the one to go for... have a word with Alex or Lars at AH Fabrications about one... should cost you around £400 plus pipes...

<tuffty/>

rather than buying a full kit it is usually cheaper to buy a core (either welly or ahfabs) then order the pipework to suit, check other peoples build threads, loads of people run FMICs

I would be looking into why you have such **** power before looking at an FMIC.

Reactions: Lavis89 and Revo Steve-W