New s3 saloon ordered

TheMonkey

Reaction score
Hi all,

After much reading on this site I finally took the plunge on sat and ordered a sepang blue s3 with an stronic gearbox. Thanks to everyone for their help so far. I just need to get through the six month wait now!

I'm starting to doubt my choice of options though and wouldn't mind some opinions.

Does the hill hold assist do anything on the stronic?
Should I have gone for the sports seats?
Does anyone have a picture of the sepang blue with the external black detailing specced?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reactions: cuke2u
Thanks. Yeah I went for the b&o speakers with tech pack. Seems to be a popular choice on here.

Thanks challinor. I have it on my manual scirocco and love it, but I thought the stronic would hold it on a hill anyway.

Thanks challinor. I have it on my manual scirocco and love it, but I thought the stronic would hold it on a hill anyway.

It all gets very complicated, don't get mine until Nov but don't think it does no.

Friend's who have it says it's very handy and again for the very small amount of money you can turn it off if you hate it.

I have stronic without the hill hold option and I don't think it add much to the driving experience if I did have it. It holds on a hill for 2 to 3 secs before pulling away, even on steep hills

Ah ah ah ah arrrrrgghhhh stop confusing things !!!! Lol

This has been covered numerous times before !!!!!!!

Hill Hold is standard on both Manual and S-tronic. They will hold the car on an incline for 3 seconds for you to get from the brake to accelerator.

Hold Assist (Hill Hold Assist in the manual) is a £90 option, and does away the need to touch the EPB, or to keep your foot pressed on the brake pedal in most situations.

Honestly, there are so many threads on this topic! :)

That's hill assist, hill hold is permanent hold until you accelerate both on incline and decent.
That's correct, worth getting if you have a manual gearbox, with an auto I don't think you'd use it much. I believe it has to be turned on each journey as well?

Ah ah ah ah arrrrrgghhhh stop confusing things !!!! Lol

This has been covered numerous times before !!!!!!!

Hill Hold is standard on both Manual and S-tronic. They will hold the car on an incline for 3 seconds for you to get from the brake to accelerator.

Hold Assist (Hill Hold Assist in the manual) is a £90 option, and does away the need to touch the EPB, or to keep your foot pressed on the brake pedal in most situations.

Honestly, there are so many threads on this topic! :)

Wondered when you would post mate, you didn't spec it did you?

I have stronic without the hill hold option and I don't think it add much to the driving experience if I did have it. It holds on a hill for 2 to 3 secs before pulling away, even on steep hills

Yes but is effectively "riding" the clutch for those 2-3 seconds whereas by using HA it releases the clutch - that's my understanding anyway and as said, for £90 it is a no-brainer.

Wondered when you would post mate, you didn't spec it did you?
Of course not, don't be silly ;)

Yes but is effectively "riding" the clutch for those 2-3 seconds whereas by using HA it releases the clutch - that's my understanding anyway and as said, for £90 it is a no-brainer.
No it's not riding the clutch as such, there will be some clutch clamping pressure, but it won't hold you. In fact, if you remove your foot from the brake pedal for longer than 3 seconds you will roll backwards in a S-tronic.

All you ever wanted to know about Hill Hold and Hold Assist, but were afraid to ask:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-s3-8v-chassis/209890-hill-hold-assist-hha.html

Reactions: veeeight
Thanks all for your help on this one. I didn't think it would spark such a conversation. I think I'll leave the extra assist option. It's the standard hold option I was after.

If any one has any pictures of an s3 in sepang blue with or without the exterior black styling pack I would love to see them!

Thanks all!

Thanks all for your help on this one. I didn't think it would spark such a conversation. I think I'll leave the extra assist option. It's the standard hold option I was after.

If any one has any pictures of an s3 in sepang blue with or without the exterior black styling pack I would love to see them!

Thanks all!

7a8e8ary.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/a3/63297/audi-a3-saloon-pictures/page/1/0

Thanks Challinor!

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of a Sepnag Blue S3 saloon with the black styling pack? I can find pictures of other S and RS audi's but not the current S3 let alone a saloon?

Thanks

Thanks Challinor!

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of a Sepnag Blue S3 saloon with the black styling pack? I can find pictures of other S and RS audi's but not the current S3 let alone a saloon?

Thanks

No problems, if you look in the "show us your 8V pics thread" I'm pretty sure there is one in there back around April time. Wasn't a saloon though, too new !