Home made tip pipe..

azzzah

Reaction score
Anyone done it?

im thinking of making one out of stainless steel using just silicone as joiners, anyone ever done it or have any pictures or dimensions?

cheers

Yeh the badger 5 v1 tip lol
Might be easier to remove your oem one and work off that?

I'm sure someone on here a while back made one out of rolled sheet. Don't remember seeing any figures from it though

8l s3^

i may order a spare standard one and work off that, could be made for less than £50 and aslong as the welds are tidy should flow well too! certainly better than standard, doubt it will flow as well as a developed peice like the badger 5, but worth bashing something up i think.. might be a few weeks till i have the time but ill post something up when iv got round to it

I've been thinking of making one for my ko3s. Looks like it would quite easy to do. Made one for a Saab Aero a few year ago for silicone hose, alloy pipe and an adaptor and got really good results.

Does anyone know why large intakes are so good like Badge5 and SFS Supersize. Is it just there size or is there something about how they reduce down. Why not go 70mm from the MAF right to the turbo and reduce at the bend and not start reducing just after the MAF.

Would it be much better to go for a S3 MAF (76mm?) to give even bigger intake pipe or is it not worth it on a ko3s

Just cut the middle man out and buy a Badger one.

i was just wondering on the size of pipework used and the size of the silicone joiners to attatch it to the turbo, saves me stripping everything down if the info is already out there.. :)

iam doing with badger5 80mm billet, but just doing because my car is Left wheel
iam using 2 80mm joiners and 80mm od pipe