Audi S3 help needed!

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
so i recently took my BAM s3 8l off the road for some work. I replaced the clutch, timing belt, water pump, EGT, gaskets, silicone pipes, and a brand new genuine turbo. I finally got it put back together yesterday and took it for a spin. i oiled the turbo before installation, cranked the engine over with the fuel pump fuse pulled to get the oil moving and brought it for an easy drive. After a while i decided to give it a bit of boost and heard a pop like a boost pipe came off. I had a look tonight, i took off the red pipe of the turbo and it was fine, i took of the TIP and it seemed fine, i checked the intercooler pipes and they all looked fine too. I jacked the front of the car up and pulled the haldex fuse and boosted it but heard nothing so its only doing it under load.

These are my symptoms

When i boost it, it sounds and feels like its choking hard with no power and dumping some serious air with a VERY loud whoooooshh!! even though i have the standard dv. there is no real pull.

I unplugged the N75 this evening and it drives perfect although it feel like a 1.4. I have my suspicions that my creative motorsport TIP is maybe closing in on itself when the turbo spools but i may be wrong of course

I have scanned for codes and only one comes up, the EGT sensor one

Any thoughts?

Ok so sorted my intercooler pipe leak but still have a problem.

When boosting in 1st and second gear it still feels like it's choking. Could a faulty n75 cause this? Once I'm up in say 3rd gear it seems to sort itself out.

Ok so i think I have resolved this. My first suspicions were true. My creation Motorsport tip was collapsing inwards at the maf end on the first large bend. I guess it doesn't fit the stock setup correctly. I removed my standard air box and stuck on an old cone filter I had and let it lie at its natural angle which was pointing 45 degrees up approx. obviously fitting the tip to standard air box requires too much bending of the tip, causing tightness and air restriction. So far so good. Lots if boost at last!!!!

Oh the joys!! Got in to the car after it was sitting for 4 or 5 hours and had a few more issues. Hesitant boost when cold. I drove around for a bit and brought it up to temperature and the problem went away. I'm thinking that maybe when the pipes heat up they are sealing? Is it a good idea to out a Bead of high temp silicone in the turbo end if the tip?