looking at this purple a3 1.8 8l auto 5 door car what do people think

gallifreyangirl

Reaction score
I am looking at buying this car Audi A3 x reg 5 door 1.8 8l auto. Went to look and there is a ripped drivers seat, 9 previous owners and a engine management light coming up. The code shown when car dealer but reader in was p0171 error code. Am i mad considering this car? Audi A3 1.8 SE 5dr Auto

I am looking at buying this car Audi A3 x reg 5 door 1.8 8l auto. Went to look and there is a ripped drivers seat, 9 previous owners and a engine management light coming up. The code shown when car dealer but reader in was p0171 error code. Am i mad considering this car? Audi A3 1.8 SE 5dr Auto

It's certainly cheap enough to for you to consider, are you ok with the ripped seat? The seat can be changed of course, but 5dr front seats are maybe harder to find? The fault code suggests a vacuum leak or a faulty air flow sensor, needs looking at, it will effect performance and fuel economy. 9 previous owners can mean it's actually had 9 previous owners or it's been stolen recovered, worth spending the 3 quid on a check to find out?

For me personally, I'd look elsewhere, but if you like it because of the colour, then I guess it's worth purchasing and running it into the ground? But that's just me.

Buy a car and pay a £75 admin fee, that's a new one :think:

Quite standard these days. Had it when we purchased the mrs new Peugeot, thought it was a bit ****** cheeky them demanding a £105 admin fee for US to buy a £9,500 car from them.

That's taking the Pee.
Been 7 years since I last changed cars, admin fees from dealers and DVLA stitching us up on tax from October, feeling less inclined to change even more.