Wheel Bearing change

JingleJangle

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been hearing a droning noise for a week or so now and have been told its the wheel bearing which has gone on the Drivers side front wheel.

So ive currently got some one sourcing me one from vaiours car spare places.

The question i have is how easy of a job is this to do myself? The lad whos going to help me has recently done one on his Astra VXR so has a bit of knowledge on how to work on cars.

Also if there are any guides it would be great.

Car: 3.2 A3 Sportback 8P
Thanks
Phil

Without looking it up/off the top of my head the bearing is integrated into the hub on the A3, in the sense that it is easier/more time efficient etc to change the hub assembly.

Happy to be corrected though.

yeah you have to buy the whole hub, roughly 70quid if i remember right when i had a quick look last night.

Just had a quick nosey on eurocarparts and they are £70-£90.

Shouldn't be too hard of a job, I recently changed the driveshaft on mine and the hub was only another 3 bolts and it would have come off.

Thanks mate, before i go all guns blazing and just change it.

Whats the best way to check its 100% gone?

my n/s/f has been done, quick and easy to change, the whole assembly just swaps over incl the hub.

best way to check i find is on private road/land drive at the speed where you hear it and then drive left to right. if you hear more noise when turning right it is the nearside bearing and vice versa.

please don't take that as gospel though...